The Student Room Group

I don't have time to date, should I just get a FWB?

I'm very busy in the second year of my degree and I would love to get to know someone and start a relationship however I am barely coping with my workload at the moment. I've been single (and abstinent) for a long time now and I'd like to experience some physical intimacy again. I just think it be nice to occasionally watch a film, have pizza, few drinks and other 'fun stuff' with someone without the whole dating process and commitment at the moment.

I was thinking of starting a casual relationship but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I'm female by the way. I have someone in mind who I used to like but once told me he doesn't want a relationship, and now I kind of see why whilst he is nice as a friend I don't think he'd make a very good boyfriend and on second thoughts is not someone I would date. Should I perhaps go for him, or someone else entirely? If so how do I bring this up, and if not how can I find a good 'candidate'?

Do you think a partner in a casual relationship would be able to 'take it slow' in a way when it comes to sex? Here's where it gets a bit complicated I was raped a few years ago and in the beginning I do struggle with a new partner when it comes to penetration until I feel a bit safer. How do I ensure there is trust and good communication, even when it comes to a casual relationship?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
If you decide to go with a FWB, im guessing it would preferably be with someone you already know thats on the same page as you.
You might wanna mention that you want to take it slow when it comes to sex straight away, Im sure youll find someone who will be okay with that.
I dont know how you would go about finding a FWB stranger, doesnt sound very safe , but hey i have no experience of this.
As for the idea of a FWB, i mean your reasons are pretty solid, you seems certain of why you want to do it. You might wanna sleep on it for a week and decide if you really want to go ahead with this though.
Most importantly, stay safe.
Reply 2
Original post by Zahid~
If you decide to go with a FWB, im guessing it would preferably be with someone you already know thats on the same page as you.
You might wanna mention that you want to take it slow when it comes to sex straight away, Im sure youll find someone who will be okay with that.
I dont know how you would go about finding a FWB stranger, doesnt sound very safe , but hey i have no experience of this.
As for the idea of a FWB, i mean your reasons are pretty solid, you seems certain of why you want to do it. You might wanna sleep on it for a week and decide if you really want to go ahead with this though.
Most importantly, stay safe.

That's a good idea I think indeed I should sleep on it for a week and see how I feel.

I think the thing that I'm most scared of is that the guy won't be understanding or have the patience to take things fairly slowly in the bedroom as we would not be dating.

Yeah I wouldn't choose a complete stranger I would try to get to know them a little better first. The thing is I have a limited number of guys that I actually know at the moment and in a way I suppose it boils down to trust I don't want to get a reputation or ruin things for myself so it's difficult to know which direction to turn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending