The Student Room Group

Herpes

I'm a fresher and think I may have caught oral herpes from a girl at a club. I'm not overly bothered by it, something like 70% of adults have it (if you've ever had a cold sore, you have herpes). However, I've kissed other girls since then, I've shared drinks with flat mates etc... I thought it was just a spot but then it turned into a cold sore. I'm so scared I've passed it on to others, and also very worried about my future; can I no longer kiss girls in clubs etc. Please don't judge or hate, I did not know at the time, and honestly I feel depressed about it. I just want honest advice:frown:
You can only pass it on during an outbreak... have you got one?
Reply 2
I think so, I thought it was just a spot, as I'd always depicted herpes as just a single cold sore but I also had lots of spots too etc so I thought it was just an outbreak of spots if you get me?
But at the same time, would they have still kissed me if they knew it was a cold sore? like maybe it was genuinely just an outbreak of spots because why would you kiss someone with a cold sore?
Reply 3
Ease up. As you say it's incredibly common. They wouldn't have kissed you if it was clearly a coldsore. And anyway no one is going to die.
Reply 4
Hmm I guess, but what would you say about kissing in clubs etc? Would it be wrong of me to do so now yes?
Reply 5
It'll clear up on it's own. Don't worry/stress about it.

And of course you can still kiss girls in clubs lol
Reply 6
Sometimes I forget how lucky I am not to have a face...
Reply 7
Original post by Goaded
It'll clear up on it's own. Don't worry/stress about it.

And of course you can still kiss girls in clubs lol

But I have the fear and guilt of passing it on
Reply 8
Original post by jbutcher
But I have the fear and guilt of passing it on

Then don't kiss girls. The point is you can, but do whatever you please I guess :smile:
Original post by jbutcher
I'm a fresher and think I may have caught oral herpes from a girl at a club. I'm not overly bothered by it, something like 70% of adults have it (if you've ever had a cold sore, you have herpes). However, I've kissed other girls since then, I've shared drinks with flat mates etc... I thought it was just a spot but then it turned into a cold sore. I'm so scared I've passed it on to others, and also very worried about my future; can I no longer kiss girls in clubs etc. Please don't judge or hate, I did not know at the time, and honestly I feel depressed about it. I just want honest advice:frown:

Go to the doctors.

It's only contagious when it shows btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
thanks guys
I'm hoping to go to uni next year but I am worried that I won't be to get a boyfriend because I just got herpes
I'll be your boyfriend, i heard that herpes makes you immune to aids. I already have aids but maybe the herpes will counteract the aids. I guess its my fault for going on a 4 month trip to Zimbabwe. bloody zimms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending