The Student Room Group

Latent homosexuality

Is latent homosexuality possible? YES or NO? Im looking for a solid answer, nothing in between, but if "in between" is the only/correct answer then I want that. If its not possible then WHY? The subconcious is apparently 30000 times more powerful than the concious then why cant it hide sexuality? Can it hide sexuality? Theoretically is it possible? I dont see anything wrong with the idea, it seems reasonable and possible, but why does no one think its true? I need answers quickly, I have a test in a few days so I need detailed answers with no "I think"s or "maybe"s. I dont think its true because his theory was random and it didnt have any science involved except for the subconcious. But when I think if it is possible then it seems to me that it is, even though his theory was probably made up in 10 seconds. I dont fully understand the subconcious but my understanding is it thinks/does things without you knowing but it affects your concious life. Why isnt his theory possible? I read the subconcious exists but not the way freud thought it did, I read the subconcious is limited to only thoughts but they have no psychological "demons" ruining your life like freud thought.
I suppose it can be in few people, in that there is a thing known as "sexual fluidity", though I haven't actually done any research on that. But that wouldn't mean latent really, considering it wouldn't have been there in the first place.

My final answer is, for most people, presumably not (there presumably isn't latent homosexuality present), considering that the genetic and epigenetic causes which determine a large portion of sexual orientation, at least, are present since birth, hence wouldn't be latent with people who don't have these certain genetic factors; it just wouldn't be there altogether.

Edit: P.S. That was worded awfully. Edit #2: :tongue: (not concise.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending