The Student Room Group

Getting an offer with low AS grades ?

(edited 8 years ago)
Hello :h:

I have a lot of friends who've applied this year and they were in the exact same position as you. One of my friends achieved CCDD and applied to universities asking for AAB, ABB etc. And they received offers from all of them.

I don't know whether you've applied yet, but make sure your personal statement is strong and do as much as you can to make the rest of your application shine. :cute:

Universities tend to give out a lot more offers than places because they know not everyone will firm them, so it's likely that they may give you an offer. At the end of the day, if you get an offer of AAA and you don't get the grades, it makes no difference to them because they won't be obligated to accept you. So usually they'll be generous with offers because they won't lose anything by giving you one. They want people who will get AAA and if you can get that at A2, you're exactly the type of person they're looking for. Just make sure it's a realistic set of grades for you personally when thinking about applying, otherwise you'll just work yourself too hard this year and'll be disheartened if you can't achieve those grades.

All the best :h:
Reply 2
Original post by EmmaLouise759
Hello :h:

I have a lot of friends who've applied this year and they were in the exact same position as you. One of my friends achieved CCDD and applied to universities asking for AAB, ABB etc. And they received offers from all of them.

I don't know whether you've applied yet, but make sure your personal statement is strong and do as much as you can to make the rest of your application shine. :cute:

Universities tend to give out a lot more offers than places because they know not everyone will firm them, so it's likely that they may give you an offer. At the end of the day, if you get an offer of AAA and you don't get the grades, it makes no difference to them because they won't be obligated to accept you. So usually they'll be generous with offers because they won't lose anything by giving you one. They want people who will get AAA and if you can get that at A2, you're exactly the type of person they're looking for. Just make sure it's a realistic set of grades for you personally when thinking about applying, otherwise you'll just work yourself too hard this year and'll be disheartened if you can't achieve those grades.

All the best :h:

Omg I'm so sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much! I actually now hold 3 offers and waiting on the other two! Your words really boosted my confidence, thank you:smile: I'll let you know if I meet my grades hopefully haha ^^
Best wishes for you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending