The Student Room Group

Friendship or Relationship??

Hiya everyone,

I just wanted a bit of advice. My best friend is a guy and we've been best friends for as long as I can remember. He's so kind, funny, caring and a beautiful person, I love him to pieces. But recently I have been getting vibes both from him and me that we both might feel something more than friendship. But I don't know. Most of my friends are trying to get us together but I don't know if I want that. Would getting into a relationship ruin our friendship? Please help! Thank you xxxxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you want to?

Yes you do.

Why would you make this thread if you did not?

Go for it.
Well the really all depends on how the relationship goes doesn't and if one of you hurts the other.
Reply 3
Original post by whorace
Do you want to?

Yes you do.

Go for it.

Thank you :colondollar::eek:
Reply 4
Original post by william walker
Well the really all depends on how the relationship goes doesn't and if one of you hurts the other.

I don't think either of us could hurt each other :tongue:
Original post by MursArmyGo
I don't think either of us could hurt each other :tongue:

Why? Being in a relationship is different to a friendship. People can change within them and become different people.
Original post by whorace
Do you want to?

Yes you do.

Go for it.

Yeah that's it. Just do what you want. Don't plan or think ahead. Just do whatever you want at any given time. :angry:
Yeah that's it. Just do what you want. Don't plan or think ahead. Just do whatever you want at any given time. :angry:

That's my motto tbh :thumbsup:
Reply 8

Planning is stupid.

Reality is stranger than fiction, no amount of planning will get you anywhere, you have to jump in and let life unfold itself
I don't really care about my friends, so if it were between gf and one of the LADS/platonic female friend, the one who doesn't give me sex is gonna go.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
That's my motto tbh :thumbsup:

Good luck with that. You will fail.
Original post by whorace
Planning is stupid.

Reality is stranger than fiction, no amount of planning will get you anywhere, you have to jump in and let life unfold itself

:lolwut:
Reply 12
:lolwut:

Where has planning got you

Your best relationship is with a woman on TSR

Don't give me the 'oh I love the virgin crap' your so desperate it's pretty obvious you yearn for intimacy, stop planning and start doing, I say this coldly from a warm heart

You can't plan a relationship, for the simple reason that it contains at least one other individual, who essentially acts as a mess of unknown factors. Not to mention their family/friends may also play a part in your life, which cannot be easily anticipated/

Just go for it, OP.
Original post by whorace
Where has planning got you

Your best relationship is with a woman on TSR

Don't give me the 'oh I love the virgin crap' your so desperate it's pretty obvious you yearn for intimacy, stop planning and start doing, I say this coldly from a warm heart

That is what I want. I planned it that way so I wouldn't become to attached to the person if they hurt me.

I do want intimacy yes. Just not the sort you are thinking of.
Original post by AdjectiveNoun
You can't plan a relationship, for the simple reason that it contains at least one other individual, who essentially acts as a mess of unknown factors. Not to mention their family/friends may also play a part in your life, which cannot be easily anticipated/

Just go for it, OP.

Well if you know the person and understand the constraints within there life you can anticipate were the relationship is going. At least until the constraints change.
Reply 16
Hi, I think it is you who have to decide and follow what you feel. It also depends on how you are going to manage your relationship. I suggest you think about it seriously, okay? Good luck!
Reply 17
That is what I want. I planned it that way so I wouldn't become to attached to the person if they hurt me.

I do want intimacy yes. Just not the sort you are thinking of.

Lol that approach

Doesn't work

And I don't care for sex either mate, and I say that as a non-virgin who got a lot of it in a previous relationship (and she wasn't bad either)
Well if you know the person and understand the constraints within there life you can anticipate were the relationship is going. At least until the constraints change.

Isn't that what OP is already doing? I don't think that counts as planning. More like, basic observation and drawing predictions from it...
Original post by whorace
Lol that approach

Doesn't work

And I don't care for sex either mate, and I say that as a non-virgin who got a lot of it in a previous relationship (and she wasn't bad either)

It works for me.

I care about sex. I just get more pleasure and intimacy from something else.

Quick Reply