The Student Room Group

Year 11's cheating on mocks!

Is anyone else beginning to get highly irritated with the amount of year 11's trying to cheat on mocks by creating forums on here asking for the 2015 papers or what was on them, or by looking at the unofficial mark scheme threads? I'm starting to get annoyed!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bring back the cane, that's what I say.
Original post by Olivia B
Is anyone else beginning to get highly irritated with the amount of year 11's trying to cheat on mocks by creating forums on here asking for the 2015 papers or what was on them, or by looking at the unofficial mark scheme threads? I'm starting to get annoyed!

It's not fair how we're actually trying 2 study+ revise, and they're cheating but at the end of the day when we open our results next year, we'll have the best grades and in these mocks we can see on what we need 2 improve on
Reply 3
Original post by alishba-rosex
It's not fair how we're actually trying 2 study+ revise, and they're cheating but at the end of the day when we open our results next year, we'll have the best grades and in these mocks we can see on what we need 2 improve on

There's still hope for some!! It will pay off in the end, good luck
Focus on yourself, and keep using mocks wisely. The people who cheat are the ones who are losing out here.
Reply 5
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
They're mocks, they count for nothing officially and their only purpose is practice, why do you care?

Grow the **** up.

I'm guessing you're one of those who is cheating by that response? Actually, I've just seen a thread that someone needs particular grades in their mocks to get into college and they are trying to get all of the papers for their subjects. When I did my mocks, they were what my college used to give offers.. So yes, some do count for something and there are some people out there who will be working really hard to get the grades they need and see what they can improve on, whereas there are others, probably like yourself, who cheat. There are people who work hard and deserve the grades they want, and if you think cheating is acceptable then I think telling me to grow up is slightly hypocritical. That attitude won't get you very far and whilst mocks may not count towards anything for some, they are still the only chance to see where you're at and what you need to improve on and it shows the teachers what they need to work on with you. Mocks aren't just there for a laugh, its the first time alot of people will experience what the exam season will actually be like, they are there to benefit you. But hey, I didn't cheat on my mocks and opened my results in August to get straight A*, so what would I know over a few cheats? I can tell you now there were plenty of people who came out with A*'s in their mocks in my year to get into college, but in summer did they get that? Nope!
I'm guessing you're one of those who is cheating by that response? Actually, I've just seen a thread that someone needs particular grades in their mocks to get into college and they are trying to get all of the papers for their subjects. When I did my mocks, they were what my college used to give offers.. So yes, some do count for something and there are some people out there who will be working really hard to get the grades they need and see what they can improve on, whereas there are others, probably like yourself, who cheat. There are people who work hard and deserve the grades they want, and if you think cheating is acceptable then I think telling me to grow up is slightly hypocritical. That attitude won't get you very far and whilst mocks may not count towards anything for some, they are still the only chance to see where you're at and what you need to improve on and it shows the teachers what they need to work on with you. Mocks aren't just there for a laugh, its the first time alot of people will experience what the exam season will actually be like, they are there to benefit you. But hey, I didn't cheat on my mocks and opened my results in August to get straight A*, so what would I know over a few cheats? I can tell you now there were plenty of people who came out with A*'s in their mocks in my year to get into college, but in summer did they get that? Nope!

You go girl:smile:

I have the papers if you want them? xD

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Maybe you should spend more time on yourself than worrying about other people's results? I mean, you did just say they failed in the end anyway, so I don't see why you are so emotionally involved and annoyed.
Reply 9
Original post by Firestartc
I have the papers if you want them? xD

Spoiler

Haha!! I wouldn't benefit anyway I'm in college studying A-levels in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and History!! :P I just saw what happened to a lot of cheats last year, plus alot of people got told off for it, I think it's too obvious!!
Reply 10
Original post by adesola15
Maybe you should spend more time on yourself than worrying about other people's results? I mean, you did just say they failed in the end anyway, so I don't see why you are so emotionally involved and annoyed.

Why would I need to focus on myself when I've already finished school and came out with all A*'s? Because it happened to me last year and it's unfair on those in year 11 who are working hard? Unless you think cheating is ok, then I have no idea why you would stick up for them? 100's of posts of people trying to cheat appear a day, its getting ridiculous.
They're only important in some cases:
- if you're applying to a competitive sixth form, you ideally need good mock grades
- if you're applying for work experience, you again need good mock grades
- they show where your gaps are (however this is even dubious because mocks only test usually on one unit in the qualification and each exam paper doesn't test on everything in that unit)

You can fail all of your mocks (or seriously under-perform) and still get into sixth form providing your teacher predicted grades meet the sixth form requirements.

In the scheme of things - no, they do not matter.

I'm not a GCSE student lol
Reply 13
Original post by jamestg
They're only important in some cases:
- if you're applying to a competitive sixth form, you ideally need good mock grades
- if you're applying for work experience, you again need good mock grades
- they show where your gaps are (however this is even dubious because mocks only test usually on one unit in the qualification and each exam paper doesn't test on everything in that unit)

You can fail all of your mocks (or seriously under-perform) and still get into sixth form providing your teacher predicted grades meet the sixth form requirements.

In the scheme of things - no, they do not matter.

Whether they matter or not, cheating is just stupid and it doesn't benefit anyone. I don't understand why everyone has this attitude, people who were rejected from my college because of mocks ended up coming out with better grades than some who got in off of false mock results, it's not fair on those year 11's working hard to get the grades they want/need.
Reply 14
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I'm not a GCSE student lol

Then I don't see why you would feel the need to tell me to grow up when you're sat there defending those who think its fine to cheat.
I feel for those cheating on mocks :rofl: I mean... c'mon!
Why would I need to focus on myself when I've already finished school and came out with all A*'s? Because it happened to me last year and it's unfair on those in year 11 who are working hard? Unless you think cheating is ok, then I have no idea why you would stick up for them? 100's of posts of people trying to cheat appear a day, its getting ridiculous.

I'm not sticking up for cheaters, I personally don't care if people choose to cheat in mocks because in the end they will fail. It's not like public examinations where cheaters can push the grade boundaries up.

I've not seen "100's of posts of people trying to cheat" so I'm not sure exactly what you mean, and just because you have finished your GCSEs doesn't mean you can't use your time to do something other than coming on here and ranting about something that doesn't really affect your life...
Then I don't see why you would feel the need to tell me to grow up when you're sat there defending those who think its fine to cheat.

I don't know why you care because these are not their official grades which would go to universities.

They are literally only hurting themselves, just stop fussing over people's lives

Pahaha! Never thought of that. Cheeky genius bastards.

Funnily enough, my friend, last week, was having a free lesson (personal reasons I believe) in one of the head of learning's office... the teacher walked out and she was left alone for about half an hour with a pile of the bloody mocks we'll be doing! and practically told me every paper that very night. Yep. And the teachers secretly hint what's going to be in the paper. smh.
Reply 19
Original post by adesola15
I'm not sticking up for cheaters, I personally don't care if people choose to cheat in mocks because in the end they will fail. It's not like public examinations where cheaters can push the grade boundaries up.

I've not seen "100's of posts of people trying to cheat" so I'm not sure exactly what you mean, and just because you have finished your GCSEs doesn't mean you can't use your time to do something other than coming on here and ranting about something that doesn't really affect your life...

Well I have, so maybe if you look onto the GCSE section of TSR you will see exactly what I mean. What about those who are cheating to get the grades they need for sixth form and college? I can rant about whatever I wish and I definitely don't need you to come and tell me what I can and can't do with my time, it's affecting their lives and believe it or not, I actually care and would like to stop some people from making mistakes. In the end it will catch up to them, so why not try and stop them now and make them think about it? If cheating was ok, then I'm sure they can go to their teachers and ask for the papers before their mock exams, which is essentially what they are doing on here.

Quick Reply