The Student Room Group

Prefer stand-up, panel show, or comedy movies? Post a hilarious clip!!!

It's good to have a bit of a laugh, but different people find different things absolutely hilarious.

So, what gets you bursting? Stand-up? Comedy panel shows? Movies? Post a clip below (but try to find one only about a few minutes long). Personally, I find witty humour characteristic of the British some of the best material but I've loved some of the sketches done by talk show hosts both in the UK and America.

Check out this link if you don't know how to embed a YouTube video into a post:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=how_pay_someone_else

There's so many to choose from, but one of favourites that I saw recently was one of the hilarious Sean Lock, a regular on the panel show 8 out of 10 cats.

Rep a person's post if it made you laugh!

Scroll to see replies

I've always loved the conversations between Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and the round-headed buffoon, Karl Pilkington. Comedy gold! How does Karl keep a straight face!?

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3

Hahaha! These are great, I completely forgot about vines!
Original post by RDB1826
Hahaha! These are great, I completely forgot about vines!

:rofl: yes. Too bad a lot of vines have swearing / other stuff so I can't really link them here. Like the thread idea btw, though it won't let me rep you :frown:
nWRxPDhd3d0
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
:rofl: yes. Too bad a lot of vines have swearing / other stuff so I can't really link them here. Like the thread idea btw, though it won't let me rep you :frown:

Don't worry, and cheers! Thought it'd be cool to see what people find hilarious - bring some more lols to TSR
Original post by a noble chance
nWRxPDhd3d0

Hahaa love that film
Long but this will be worth your time : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXf3wx5nPXU

Spoiler

Spoiler

I love a good panel show, hence being a Jimmy Carr fan :biggrin:
Original post by a noble chance
nWRxPDhd3d0

I want a ****ing, car. Right. ****ing. Now. :rofl:
Original post by ArchmageRohan
I've always loved the conversations between Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and the round-headed buffoon, Karl Pilkington. Comedy gold! How does Karl keep a straight face!?

:lol: He's just naturally funny without trying to be and he's actually being serious most of the time. One of the greatest men to have ever walked the earth.

Spoiler

Original post by REMLewis

Spoiler

1:14 is always :rofl:
Original post by SeanFM
1:14 is always :rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by Jimmy Carr
:lol: He's just naturally funny without trying to be and he's actually being serious most of the time. One of the greatest men to have ever walked the earth.

He's amazing and Ricky's hysterical laughter makes it more hilarious! And Steve's timing! In the days of XFM he was so funny as well like in Monkey News:

Ricky: Ooooooh, chimpanzee that Monkey News.
Karl: So, there's this little monkey right, knocking about.
Steve: Ah, yeah
Ricky: DON'T TALK S**T KARL
Original post by ArchmageRohan
He's amazing and Ricky's hysterical laughter makes it more hilarious! And Steve's timing! In the days of XFM he was so funny as well like in Monkey News:

Ricky: Ooooooh, chimpanzee that Monkey News.
Karl: So, there's this little monkey right, knocking about.
Steve: Ah, yeah
Ricky: DON'T TALK S**T KARL

:rofl:

My favourite Karl quote:

"This is what I think money is about: A bit of peace and quiet, a good view. You get people at home who sit on their arse all the time and don't want to work. The thing is, the people who work really hard, they work really hard because they want to sit on their arse - they just want to sit on their arse in nicer surroundings.... We all just want to sit on our arse."
Original post by Jimmy Carr
:rofl:

My favourite Karl quote:

"This is what I think money is about: A bit of peace and quiet, a good view. You get people at home who sit on their arse all the time and don't want to work. The thing is, the people who work really hard, they work really hard because they want to sit on their arse - they just want to sit on their arse in nicer surroundings.... We all just want to sit on our arse."

Brilliant. He just sums everything up so perfectly :lol:
Reply 19
This was a truly amazing moment on 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Joe Wilkinson is hilarious :lol: "Lets go plural!"

Quick Reply

Latest