The Student Room Group

high expectations - never gonna be satisfied?

I'm 18 and have had a lot of experience in relationships in the past, but the fact that they're in the past means they obviously didn't work out. I know what I want now, but I don't think it'll be easy finding someone who will meet those demands. I really want some TLC, but I know that just getting with someone for a fling won't fulfill me and probably leave me feeling less happy than before. At the same time I hate to think about how long it'll be before I probably meet a person I'm really compatible with.

I know I'm over-complicating things for myself, but I don't know what to do. My work's too busy to just go on endless dates until I find someone.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and have had a lot of experience in relationships in the past, but the fact that they're in the past means they obviously didn't work out. I know what I want now, but I don't think it'll be easy finding someone who will meet those demands. I really want some TLC, but I know that just getting with someone for a fling won't fulfill me and probably leave me feeling less happy than before. At the same time I hate to think about how long it'll be before I probably meet a person I'm really compatible with.

I know I'm over-complicating things for myself, but I don't know what to do. My work's too busy to just go on endless dates until I find someone.

I'm a second year going a similar things I'm so busy with work. While I crave a partner it seems like it's going to be too tall an order to find someone I really gel with and take the time to get to know someone properly. I don't really want a casual relationship but I think I may have to settle for one for the mean time. It's a bit of a no win situation!

I wonder though if we just have to make the time to find what we want. For instance myself I'm sat here on TSR and the internet but I could just as easily be going for a few drinks with someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending