The Student Room Group

Kings College London

Does anyone know if I stand a chance of getting into Kings College London? I got really bland C/B territory GCSEs but I am predicted AAB at AS level so my A2 predictions will be higher if I achieve that. Therefore, I should meet the entry requirements required for Kings but I know that there is a lot of competition. I'm looking to apply for European Politics which is only AAB, I also have work experience in local government as well as am gaining lots more soon. I'm just worried about getting rejected for my terribly bland GCSE grades!
Original post by Danimillie
Does anyone know if I stand a chance of getting into Kings College London? I got really bland C/B territory GCSEs but I am predicted AAB at AS level so my A2 predictions will be higher if I achieve that. Therefore, I should meet the entry requirements required for Kings but I know that there is a lot of competition. I'm looking to apply for European Politics which is only AAB, I also have work experience in local government as well as am gaining lots more soon. I'm just worried about getting rejected for my terribly bland GCSE grades!

Is there any particular reason for those GCSE grades? They're not that important and you'll still have a chance if you achieve AAB at AS, get predicted the same for A2 and present a very good personal statement, but obviously they're going to be a negative.
Reply 2
Original post by Saoirse:3
Is there any particular reason for those GCSE grades? They're not that important and you'll still have a chance if you achieve AAB at AS, get predicted the same for A2 and present a very good personal statement, but obviously they're going to be a negative.

Only where in a few lessons, teachers weren't present. Also there was quite a lot of disruption in lessons from other students. But nothing that sticks out as something that universities would take into consideration.
Only where in a few lessons, teachers weren't present. Also there was quite a lot of disruption in lessons from other students. But nothing that sticks out as something that universities would take into consideration.

Are you at the same place for sixth form? Ideally those issues with the teaching staff would be mentioned in your reference which unis will take into account. I'm guessing going by this your school also had below-average GCSE results overall? That is something that will be considered - you won't be treated in the same way as an applicant from a very good school who just couldn't be bothered working :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Saoirse:3
Are you at the same place for sixth form? Ideally those issues with the teaching staff would be mentioned in your reference which unis will take into account. I'm guessing going by this your school also had below-average GCSE results overall? That is something that will be considered - you won't be treated in the same way as an applicant from a very good school who just couldn't be bothered working :smile:

No my parents transferred me :smile: and thanks, I'll have to mention this to my new form tutor :smile:
No my parents transferred me :smile: and thanks, I'll have to mention this to my new form tutor :smile:

That's good - schools are normally happy to point out problems you had somewhere else than admit to being total **** in a reference :biggrin:
You'll get an offer.

It's up to you to meet the conditions.
So long as your GCSEs meet any stated entry requirements then you'll be fine on that front.

As I'm sure you'll know, the A Level requirements are AAA, and those will be the main concern. You're only in Y12 at the moment, so it's far too early to tell with any accuracy what your final grades will be, but for now keep researching a range of unis and keep working hard on your studies, and with a bit of luck you'll be able to put in a successful application this time next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest