The Student Room Group

Help with GCSE Spanish

Hello, I really need help with GCSE Spanish. My teacher, over the past 3 years, has barely taught us anything and it shows when most of the class is achieving C grades or less.
I would appreciated any tips with GCSE Spanish, I would love to achieve A/A* grade and I have A in all my coursework (I'm doing Edexcel) but I plan on trying to raise those to A* if I can. I just need help on the reading and listening exams, especially listening. Any help to achieve high grades in these would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by The Grand Design
Hello, I really need help with GCSE Spanish. My teacher, over the past 3 years, has barely taught us anything and it shows when most of the class is achieving C grades or less.
I would appreciated any tips with GCSE Spanish, I would love to achieve A/A* grade and I have A in all my coursework (I'm doing Edexcel) but I plan on trying to raise those to A* if I can. I just need help on the reading and listening exams, especially listening. Any help to achieve high grades in these would be greatly appreciated.

The best thing for the reading exam is to learn as much vocab as you can. Quizlet is good for this as you can make sets with vocab and test yourself on them. You could also try reading children's books as they are simple and you may find you understand them which will help.
For the listening exam you can listen to Spanish music, or radio channels and watch kids tv programmes in Spanish. Some useful websites include
ver-taal.com and
Youtube
I will reply again if I remember some more.
You can also use apps to help. I think duolingo is the best as it gives a mix of questions including speaking.
I'm also doing GCSE Spanish at the moment but I am doing AQA. I find doing all f the above useful however when you first start listening to Spanish it doesn't seem like it will help because you don't understand it all but it will still help with pronunciation an it wont take long for you to pick up on the odd words you know.
Hope this helps
Original post by indigo2011
The best thing for the reading exam is to learn as much vocab as you can. Quizlet is good for this as you can make sets with vocab and test yourself on them. You could also try reading children's books as they are simple and you may find you understand them which will help.
For the listening exam you can listen to Spanish music, or radio channels and watch kids tv programmes in Spanish. Some useful websites include
ver-taal.com and
Youtube
I will reply again if I remember some more.
You can also use apps to help. I think duolingo is the best as it gives a mix of questions including speaking.
I'm also doing GCSE Spanish at the moment but I am doing AQA. I find doing all f the above useful however when you first start listening to Spanish it doesn't seem like it will help because you don't understand it all but it will still help with pronunciation an it wont take long for you to pick up on the odd words you know.
Hope this helps

Thank you so much! All of this really helps and I'll definitely be trying all of this.
Original post by The Grand Design
Thank you so much! All of this really helps and I'll definitely be trying all of this.

You're very welcome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending