The Student Room Group

What would you think of a 34yr old guy who'd never been in a serious relationship?

And let's say, the trouble isn't weight, looks, spots etc. Just has no conventional life, no real close friends, and no consistent job or career. Has had problems a lot. May be attractive.

Scroll to see replies

[scroll]I'd think, top bloke, good lad, he sounds very nice [/scroll]
Reply 2
@Savage whatever-your-name-is. STOP THAT!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
And let's say, the trouble isn't weight, looks, spots etc. Just has no conventional life, no real close friends, and no consistent job or career. Has had problems a lot. May be attractive.

If he was pretty 'normal' other than this, then I wouldn't see it as problematic.

If he was pretty imbalanced across the board, his lack of serious relationship wouldn't be the primary issue.
Reply 4
What sort of problems?

Anyway, going back to the OP, no I wouldn't really think much about it.
Reply 5
Isnt "40 year old virgin" coming out with a sequel

Honestly, I'd think what's wrong with him.

Huge red flags and people our age (I'm 31) who are serious about settling down wouldn't touch you with a barge pole.

Not a good bet to take when you want a stable life and a partner to make a baby with

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could always turn gay... (jokes)
Reply 8
I'd be concerned... I can't imagine my sister/brother not having had a serious relationship yet.
Reply 9
I would wonder why he hasn't been in a relationship by that age but it's not the weirdest thing ever. Might make h harder to find a partner at that age if he has no experience but there will be someone out there for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514

Huge red flags and people our age (I'm 31) who are serious about settling down wouldn't touch you with a barge pole.

Not a good bet to take when you want a stable life and a partner to make a baby with

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't want a child though.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would baggage be better? Some people are divorced and droning on about their ex marriages by this age, at least I don't have all that crap, nor a kid I'm not with. No baggage.

The mere fact of never having been in a serious relationship by that age would raise questions, yes. The bits in bold are probably why, and would also be potentially offputting to future partners.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Helenia
The mere fact of never having been in a serious relationship by that age would raise questions, yes. The bits in bold are probably why, and would also be potentially offputting to future partners.

So you'd be willing to discriminate based on my past and not who I was at that moment in time?
So you'd be willing to discriminate based on my past and not who I was at that moment in time?

This is all hypothetical as I'm married, but some things in people's past shapes their present. Having no life, friends or career is your present as well, and suggestive of other issues. "Problems" in the past might be surmountable, depending on how you had responded and recovered from them.
Original post by Smonnie
If he was pretty 'normal' other than this, then I wouldn't see it as problematic.

If he was pretty imbalanced across the board, his lack of serious relationship wouldn't be the primary issue.

Is you gay?
Original post by Helenia
This is all hypothetical as I'm married, but some things in people's past shapes their present. Having no life, friends or career is your present as well, and suggestive of other issues. "Problems" in the past might be surmountable, depending on how you had responded and recovered from them.

I've responded by taking care of health and fitness, and even spirituality, and wanting a monogamous relationship that isn't just sex, has substance depth and commitment, mutual support, and I definitely don't want kids. I's day that's quite mature.
'I'd say' that should rwad
I would think it was a bit strange, and wonder what the reasons were.

Wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker or anything, but I might initially be a bit warier than I would be with someone who had a more conventional background.
34 is the new 24 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending