The Student Room Group

Are expensive gifts okay?

If someone spent £80 on a gift at the start of your relationship, would this be okay?

My aim is not to impress her by spending lots of money I just liked the gift.
I would say that's fine.
Reply 2
Yes! a £80 gift, how could anyone objectify to that?

As long if it was out of your own will power and generosity and not forced, then I see no problem.
(edited 8 years ago)
As long as that isnt like your life savings G.

I personally would not feel comfortable with someone spending that much on me so early in. I'd feel guilty but hey what do I know about relationships
How long have the two of you been together?
Reply 5
Original post by AdjectiveNoun
How long have the two of you been together?

Like 4 months
Original post by Anonymous
Like 4 months

Oh, it should be fine . I was half expecting a "less than two weeks" deal, but if you have the spare dosh and she's the kind of person that appreciates gifts, then go for it!
Reply 7
If someone spent £80 on a gift at the start of your relationship, would this be okay?

It should be okay as long as you make sure she doesn't feel obligated to do the same. This could put her and her family in an awkward position as they may not be as financially free to do so :smile:

Hope this helps!

-R
i chucked £2000 on my first 2 dates
one was a wining/dining in london with the london eye, a bottle of fizz and a hired bentley
the seconmd was meetin her parents so i bribed them with a half case of single malt scotch and a diamond necklace
Reply 9

I think you need to be careful with things like this, it can quickly become "the norm" , basically don't base your relationship upon splashing on material goods, there's ways to show you care without dropping big cash.
Reply 10

If it's for something (birthday or Christmas) then why not? Especially as it is something heartfelt and not just for the sake of spending money.

I tend to make a lot of my presents. That way nobody can complain about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I don't see a problem with it.

Err if course it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending