The Student Room Group

How can I tell if they're just friends?

He put her arm around her neck/shoulder and to be honest, she did look kind of awkward.

She hasn't mentioned she has a boyfriend or other guys when we've been speaking... I would have thought she would have if she did because I was making it very clear I'm attracted to her.

Is he just a friend?
Ooh the deadly love triangle
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Ooh the deadly love triangle

Well maybe he likes her, which I don't care because he's not particularly handsome and seems kind of odd.

I don't she likes him back though
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
He put her arm around her neck/shoulder and to be honest, she did look kind of awkward.

That does sound uncomfortable :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Alexion
That does sound uncomfortable :tongue:

Well you know what I mean:

She looked kind of awkward and was looking at me.
Reply 5
Hi Anonymous,

I think you have two options here: direct and indirect approach. It really depends on what kind of person you are to which approach you select.

1) You could simply ask her if she has a boyfriend, this is the quickest and clearest approach
2) You could simply continue with before and be ignorant to the fact that she has a possible boyfriend. Trying to be a better man than him (which if she likes you then she will break up with her boyfriend anyway to be with you)

Hope this helps!

-R
If she was looking awkward then maybe he is into her but she doesn't feel the same way.
Reply 7
I think you should be clear to her that you don't see her just as a friend - if you're flirting with her or you ask her out on a date, then it will likely become clear if she has a boyfriend. And even if not, then it will be fine for you to ask her directly, since she will know you're potentially interested in her by that point anyway, so it's not like you're not giving anything away.
Reply 8
Just ask her... nothing bad can happen lol.
Surely just ask her out of curiosity
Reply 10
Original post by Ribenas
Hi Anonymous,

I think you have two options here: direct and indirect approach. It really depends on what kind of person you are to which approach you select.

1) You could simply ask her if she has a boyfriend, this is the quickest and clearest approach
2) You could simply continue with before and be ignorant to the fact that she has a possible boyfriend. Trying to be a better man than him (which if she likes you then she will break up with her boyfriend anyway to be with you)

Hope this helps!

-R

Do you want a relationship with a woman like this? Moving on to 'better things' the moment things get a little difficult?
Original post by whorace
Do you want a relationship with a woman like this? Moving on to 'better things' the moment things get a little difficult?

Tbh (s)he is right, my advice is to just ask her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending