The Student Room Group

Would you be interested in someone who....

Hi Everyone I just wanted to ask, would you be interested in someone who has no ambition in life, just has a dead end minimum wage job.

I wanted to ask this girl out, she's really nice. I've wanted to ask her out ever since I met her. I think I've fallen for her.

I just dont think shed be into someone like me
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Giratina
Hi Everyone I just wanted to ask, would you be interested in someone who has no ambition in life, just has a dead end minimum wage job.

I wanted to ask this girl out, she's really nice. I've wanted to ask her out ever since I met her. I think I've fallen for her.

There's more to it than that; ambitions and salary do not define a human.

Presuming you are human.
I don't care if someone's 'ambitious' (i.e. wanting a highly-paid or prestigious career, or wanting to be a famous name in their field or whatever) at all. But I couldn't be with someone who wasn't really interested in at least something (be it sport or art or music or writing or cooking or stargazing or whatever), even though that something might never get them any recognition or money. Does that make sense?
Tricky one because while I would find it hard to go with someone who has no ambition at the same time she does at least have a job.
Reply 4
Well yh...
I mean I have a friendly personality, I like music, playing football, movies, just being out at night.

But I always thought girls want someone who can shower them with gifts and be rich.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Theres a difference between being ambitious and getting paid minimum wage.
Reply 6
Not every girl is the same, I know it is a cliche but it is true. I believe the girl will not care at this stage if you are ambitious but if it get further on down the line in which you guys cohabit problems may begin to appear.
Best advice: you will never know until you try :smile:

Hope this helps!

-R
Well yh...
I mean I have a friendly personality, I like music, playing football, movies, just being out at night.

But I always thought girls want someone who can shower them with gifts and be rich.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thay would be true if all girls were gold diggers, if all girls had the same interests, if all girls were the same.

Eww, no! Occasional presents are nice, but I've been a bit weirded out by relationships that seem to rely on frequent exchange of extravagant gifts. I've been with my husband for six years now and the most we ever buy each other (besides Christmas and birthday presents) is like, a surprise bar of chocolate or a book or a cinema ticket or something. I'd feel awkward if he started bringing home really over the top presents..
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what you're basically saying is that you'd be happy your life staying as it now for ever, and never improving?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you say you have no ambition?
Reply 11
Original post by Texas.
So what you're basically saying is that you'd be happy your life staying as it now for ever, and never improving?

Well no im not happy with my situation as im 20.
My education wasnt great, so a minimum wage is what I can get right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Ribenas
Not every girl is the same, I know it is a cliche but it is true. I believe the girl will not care at this stage if you are ambitious but if it get further on down the line in which you guys cohabit problems may begin to appear.
Best advice: you will never know until you try :smile:

Hope this helps!

-R

Yes it did thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Well no im not happy with my situation as im 20.
My education wasnt great, so a minimum wage is what I can get right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you're not happy with your current situation and you're working to improve it, that means you have ambition.
Well yh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not all girls are so shallow and materialistic.

I've been with my guy for nearly a year now, and he's never showered me with gifts. And I really just couldn't care less. I'm with him for who he is, not for a pair of earnings or perfume.
Reply 15
Original post by SophieSmall
Not all girls are so shallow and materialistic.

I've been with my guy for nearly a year now, and he's never showered me with gifts. And I really just couldn't care less. I'm with him for who he is, not for a pair of earnings or perfume.

OK Thanks :biggrin: I think ill jus go for it when I see her next week thank you evryone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

many millionaires etc (basically people who can live happily in wealth) started from the bottom... bit of luck and hard work can go far...
OK Thanks :biggrin: I think ill jus go for it when I see her next week thank you evryone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for it. If you never ask you'll always be wondering.
They wouldn't be interested in a six-legged basilisk that takes people to the different dimension :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending