The Student Room Group

Problems. Online dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tashymoo98
OMG, this is exactly what happens. It happened to me not long ago, still recovering hahaha

Haha even mines. He lost me. I poured out my heart to him. I wish karma hits him back or when he realises that I was the one for him, I wish I'm the one to break his heart like he did mine.
as in, exclusively virtual? :erm:
Original post by Ferdowcey Rahman
Haha even mines. He lost me. I poured out my heart to him. I wish karma hits him back or when he realises that I was the one for him, I wish I'm the one to break his heart like he did mine.

I poured my heart out to him too, the annoying thing is with online dating is that they can simply ignore you, that's what he did even after that. I even thought about reaching back out to him recently, but what he did was unforgiveable so I won't waste my time. :smile: they are all stupid haha I hope karma gets them all.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
as in, exclusively virtual? :erm:

mostly.
mostly.

mostly? so what are the exceptions?
I poured my heart out to him too, the annoying thing is with online dating is that they can simply ignore you, that's what he did even after that. I even thought about reaching back out to him recently, but what he did was unforgiveable so I won't waste my time. :smile: they are all stupid haha I hope karma gets them all.

OMG, we can be best friends!! If only there was a high five emoji.
and I thought about sending him a message but there's no point. He'll just ignore me again and forget me in no less than a minute, whereas it's taking me days and days to forget him.
It makes me really angry when guys promise you loads of things, they can even promise you the world and the next thing you know, they leave you wet in the rain. Sorry to the guys who are actually true to their word but I cant even trust a guy now. They're hopeless.

I can also relate to this. In fact, I matched with one guy on Tinder in March when I was in London (I live outside the UK). He said that we could meet but at that time I was already leaving the UK. I again came in May and said to him via tinder that I am in London. But he started asking me for pics of my tits for which I said no. Then he asked me when I would come again to the UK and I said that in November. Before coming to the UK in November I said that I'm coming and he said that he would love to meet me. And then he sent me the pics of his cock (unsolicited) and again asked me for pics of my tits
Eventually, when I came to London two weeks ago he said to me that it's too much of hassle to meet me cause the only thing he wanted from me was sex and it's difficult to get it as I wasn't staying in hotel.
I simply really liked him (the way he messaged seemed so cute) and I thought that he would manage to meet me in London once I came here. But he didn't...
I'm wondering why the guys use tinder for so long time? I believe you can use it for a short time before finding someone. But why to use it for almost a year? Just for a casual sex I guess?
If only there was a high five emoji.

There is: :five:
I met my boyfriend online, we've been together for 3 years! I see him once every month and honestly, they can be great if you stay safe.

Make sure you skype, meet in a public place for the first time (even take a friend or parent? If they're a decent person they'll understand and if they don't like it - they're not someone you want to be meeting!) and just take it slow! Make sure you get to know them :biggrin:

I've known it to work so well for some people, my friend has a boyfriend who lives in America and she's from the UK. When she goes over there she spends 3-4 months at a time.

I like it because it keeps boyfriends/school separate so I see him in the holidays!
true, in terms of looks, personality, everything, But, if you're both willing to, you can video call? to confirm doubts?

Yeah sure, but video calling someone and actually being in their presence are, imo, two completely different things.

IRL you just know when you click with someone/how compatible you are. Its easier to judge someone for who they are I think.

Granted, most of the getting to know part of relationships are now done online/texts etc but that time you do get to see them in person is really important, for me anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
I can also relate to this. In fact, I matched with one guy on Tinder in March when I was in London (I live outside the UK). He said that we could meet but at that time I was already leaving the UK. I again came in May and said to him via tinder that I am in London. But he started asking me for pics of my tits for which I said no. Then he asked me when I would come again to the UK and I said that in November. Before coming to the UK in November I said that I'm coming and he said that he would love to meet me. And then he sent me the pics of his cock (unsolicited) and again asked me for pics of my tits
Eventually, when I came to London two weeks ago he said to me that it's too much of hassle to meet me cause the only thing he wanted from me was sex and it's difficult to get it as I wasn't staying in hotel.
I simply really liked him (the way he messaged seemed so cute) and I thought that he would manage to meet me in London once I came here. But he didn't...
I'm wondering why the guys use tinder for so long time? I believe you can use it for a short time before finding someone. But why to use it for almost a year? Just for a casual sex I guess?

Some men just simply want sex, while others want you for who you are.
OMG, we can be best friends!! If only there was a high five emoji.
and I thought about sending him a message but there's no point. He'll just ignore me again and forget me in no less than a minute, whereas it's taking me days and days to forget him.

Haha yay! its weird how the exact same thing happened.. there aren't many emojis on here :frown: I know what you mean, I thought that too but neither of them deserve a second chance unless they beg haha. moving on is hard but I realise that there are so many better guys out there that ive yet to meet hahaso don't worry. sometimes I feel like its my fault, but its not, its his haha. :smile:
Sometimes, I wish people could see the positive side of things. *my family*

Hahaha I think most can relate :bl::bl:
Original post by Fiduciam
Yeah sure, but video calling someone and actually being in their presence are, imo, two completely different things.

IRL you just know when you click with someone/how compatible you are. Its easier to judge someone for who they are I think.

Granted, most of the getting to know part of relationships are now done online/texts etc but that time you do get to see them in person is really important, for me anyway.

Sometimes, I think its better to talk to them by texting rather than video chatting. I've never video chatted as I'm very shy.
its only caters for females, for every 30 messages i send i'd be lucky to get two responses.Meanwhile if a female is half decent looking she will have hundred messages in her inbox.
Haha yay! its weird how the exact same thing happened.. there aren't many emojis on here :frown: I know what you mean, I thought that too but neither of them deserve a second chance unless they beg haha. moving on is hard but I realise that there are so many better guys out there that ive yet to meet hahaso don't worry. sometimes I feel like its my fault, but its not, its his haha. :smile:

I hate it when people say they went out of your life so someone else can come in. It's like, where is that person now? I feel like I'm waiting forever
I know haha I hate it too but it does make sense if you think about it. Your still young, think about how many guys you will meet on the bus, in the shop, at school, at a new job :smile: it could happen at anytime :smile:
I know haha I hate it too but it does make sense if you think about it. Your still young, think about how many guys you will meet on the bus, in the shop, at school, at a new job :smile: it could happen at anytime :smile:

true, that's why i'm living life for the moment, not really caring about the past or the future. Tryna live life. It's all about 'now'
true, that's why i'm living life for the moment, not really caring about the past or the future. Tryna live life. It's all about 'now'

I know right :smile: I'm gonna steal that if you don't mind :P haha!
I know right :smile: I'm gonna steal that if you don't mind :P haha!

haha its copyright! jokes, go on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending