The Student Room Group

Problems. Online dating?

What do you think of online relationships? If you can, give a positive and negative point to it as well.

Scroll to see replies

Nah, could be a whole different person online.
Reply 2
Good point:
You can do it while naked; you don't even have to get up off the anus.

Bad points:
Paedos, Pervs, and Pillocks.
Reply 3
Positive:
- Meet someone you might never of got the chance to meet
- Find someone compatible quickly
Negative:
- Could be dangerous

Hope this helps!

-R
Good:
- you dont have to travel to meet up
- you can keep each other happy v quickly
- its not solely over text, you can call, videochat
- keeps ya both busy

Bad:
- you will probably end up wanting to meet up and thay causes problems
- v unrealistic as it cannot go on forever
- could easily cheat on each other
- they could be a catfish
- your friends will think you are making your gf/bf up (LOL)

Ah countless negative reasons G
Original post by Davalla
Good point:
You can do it while naked; you don't even have to get up off the anus.

Bad points:
Paedos, Pervs, and Pillocks.

Haha, that made me laugh. True though, they just want 'you'. -*
Original post by Ribenas
Positive:
- Meet someone you might never of got the chance to meet
- Find someone compatible quickly
Negative:
- Could be dangerous

Hope this helps!

-R

Wow! I completely agree with you. You can meet someone you never dreamt of having, but on the other side, I was going to say something negative but I forgot what to say...
Reply 7
Original post by Ribenas
Hope this helps!

-R

I die inside every time I see you write this.
Original post by Fiduciam
Nah, could be a whole different person online.

true, in terms of looks, personality, everything, But, if you're both willing to, you can video call? to confirm doubts?
Original post by angelcake123
Good:
- you dont have to travel to meet up
- you can keep each other happy v quickly
- its not solely over text, you can call, videochat
- keeps ya both busy

Bad:
- you will probably end up wanting to meet up and thay causes problems
- v unrealistic as it cannot go on forever
- could easily cheat on each other
- they could be a catfish
- your friends will think you are making your gf/bf up (LOL)

Ah countless negative reasons G

With my experiences, it's always been the good points. but then he ended it with me. oh well, he lost me.
So many effing bots all over the place. For every goldmine you find, you have to wade through tons of bots
they pretend to be something that they are not. I guess it is the same with normal relationships but eventually they show who they really are
Original post by tashymoo98
they pretend to be something that they are not. I guess it is the same with normal relationships but eventually they show who they really are

It makes me really angry when guys promise you loads of things, they can even promise you the world and the next thing you know, they leave you wet in the rain. Sorry to the guys who are actually true to their word but I cant even trust a guy now. They're hopeless.
Original post by Ferdowcey Rahman
Wow! I completely agree with you. You can meet someone you never dreamt of having, but on the other side, I was going to say something negative but I forgot what to say...

I guess you can either meet the man of your dreams or some weird perv who is sat behind a computer screen

Hope what I say helps!

-R
Original post by Alexion
I die inside every time I see you write this.

Sorry :colondollar:

Hope this helps!

-R :wink:
Original post by Ribenas
I guess you can either meet the man of your dreams or some weird perv who is sat behind a computer screen

Hope what I say helps!

-R

Sometimes, I wish people could see the positive side of things. *my family*
Reply 16
Friendship wise, online relationships are a savior (I am still friends with some from when I was 12/13, I'm now 18.. nearly 19). But I could never be in a romantic online relationship. I like affection. Real affection.
It makes me really angry when guys promise you loads of things, they can even promise you the world and the next thing you know, they leave you wet in the rain. Sorry to the guys who are actually true to their word but I cant even trust a guy now. They're hopeless.

OMG, this is exactly what happens. It happened to me not long ago, still recovering hahaha
Original post by Goaded
Friendship wise, online relationships are a savior (I am still friends with some from when I was 12/13, I'm now 18.. nearly 19). But I could never be in a romantic online relationship. I like affection. Real affection.

Sometimes, talking to someone you've never met is way better than someone right next to you. Sometimes I feel like my online 'friends' care more about me than my actual ones.
Reply 19
Sometimes, talking to someone you've never met is way better than someone right next to you. Sometimes I feel like my online 'friends' care more about me than my actual ones.

Thats why I said online friendships are a saviour...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending