The Student Room Group

Professor abuses girl for not wearing a hijab

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
You are right, it's got nothing to do with islam, many non Muslims also drag their relatives off buses for not wearing a hijab.

lolled
Reply 21
Original post by StrawbAri
This is getting really old. Can we come up with something else please?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Original post by StrawbAri
This is getting really old. Can we come up with something else please?

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."
Indeed.
http://quran.com/9/5
Filthy animal
Original post by BobbyFlay
"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."
Indeed.

You are a very bright individual. Cherry picking verses of The Quran.

Luke 19:27:
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Matthew 10:34:
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Reply 25
Indeed.

>inb4 only valid in Wars
Reply 26
Original post by Farah_786

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

So what? I'm not Christian.

So we gonna act like Muslims aren't continuously quoting that line about how if you kill someone innocent, it's as if you'd killed the whole world to illustrate how ISIS aren't Muslims. But then conveniently miss out when it says that innocent doesn't including those causing "mischief" and that mischief basically includes everyone who disagrees with Islam lol.

Then these same idiots will whine about verses "taken out of context". Honestly, they'll say this without irony.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a
sword.

Do the majority of Christians believe that the bible is the literal word of God?
Do they believe that any accounts of the Jesus should be followed - if in accordance with the bible?
And I'm not a Christian, I'm an ex-muslim, so not sure what your point is... I am criticizing a religion that has yet to undergo a reformation, something which Christianity has already done.
Original post by demx9
>inb4 only valid in Wars

You would have thought that an almighty, omniscient, omnipotent and merciful god could have chucked in those 4 words in the book that is taught to be taken as his literal word.
I suppose he had a lazy day.
I'm just glad it wasn't in the UK for once.
Original post by Johann von Gauss
i.e. if you convert your life will be spared

How is that not merciful?

In a relative historical context, it is honestly not that bad.
However, this verse is being used as justification to lop peoples head's off today. Also the verse I quoted is the most accurate translation of the verse known as Sahih, some more conservative groups tend to count non-believers as polytheists.
Original post by KimKallstrom
No, he was being serious :rolleyes:

Don't be so sarcastic
Do the majority of Christians believe that the bible is the literal word of God?
Do they believe that any accounts of the Jesus should be followed - if in accordance with the bible?
And I'm not a Christian, I'm an ex-muslim, so not sure what your point is... I am criticizing a religion that has yet to undergo a reformation, something which Christianity has already done.

I don't care if you're a ex-muslim. My point is that cherry picking verses is not very reliable. I mean do you even know the whole context behind the verse. If not I suggest you research it instead of copying and pasting verses which I believe you did.
So we gonna act like Muslims aren't continuously quoting that line about how if you kill someone innocent, it's as if you'd killed the whole world to illustrate how ISIS aren't Muslims. But then conveniently miss out when it says that innocent doesn't including those causing "mischief" and that mischief basically includes everyone who disagrees with Islam lol.

Then these same idiots will whine about verses "taken out of context". Honestly, they'll say this without irony.

I understand where you are coming from. Obviously certain people do things etc. murder in the name of religion. if you actually think that Islam was based on extremism why the hell would billions of people follow it?

Here mischief means those who committed crime and deserve to be stopped/punished.
Indeed.

I just think the phrase is getting old and is overused.
I'm not a Muslim by the way.
Original post by Josb
So what? I'm not Christian.

I didn't say you were did I?

i JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MANY INDIVIDUALS CHERRY PICK VERSES OF THE QURAN AND THEN CLAIM ITS A RELIGION FILLED WITH BARBARIC PEOPLE. YET THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO OTHER FAITHS. OBVIOUSLY, I BELEIVE NO RELIGION PROMOTES EXTREMISM.
I don't care if you're a ex-muslim. My point is that cherry picking verses is not very reliable. I mean do you even know the whole context behind the verse. If not I suggest you research it instead of copying and pasting verses which I believe you did.

Haha, do you know the context of the verse?
It was mean't in the context of polytheistic believers in the time period, basically saying that if they convert they can live, if not they die. If they refure to uphold the 'treaty' given to them, kill them, if they do not renew the 'treaty' kill them...
Like I have said before, this obviously does not represent the behavior of all muslims but the fact that there are muslims / jihadists that do is the problem.

http://quran.com/9 - feel free to give it a read.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by champ_mc99
Here mischief means those who committed crime and deserve to be stopped/punished.

No,

Abu Ja` far said that Ar-Rabi` bin Anas said that Abu Al-` Aliyah said that Allah's statement "Do not make mischief on the earth" (2:11), means, "Do not commit acts of disobedience on the earth. Their mischief is disobeying Allah, because whoever disobeys Allah on the earth, or commands that Allah be disobeyed, he has committed mischief on the earth." Ar-Rabi` bin Anas and Qatadah said similarly.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending