The Student Room Group

Girls lying in their pictures

I ****ing hate it.
Girls why do you do this man ffs
On facebook you look like louise redknapp but in real life you look like harry redknapp.
Its not fair on us and you need to allow it.

Scroll to see replies

Girls are insecure therefore they find it impossible to post unfiltered/un-photoshopped pics of themselves #realitycheck.
You're right. All women should stand up straight in their profile pictures, just like a professional musketeer.
I think its to make themselves feel confident rather than to impress men..
I look like crap in my photos, even worse than I do irl hence why I rarely upload and let people see me for themselves :dance:
Reply 5
I think make up used to enhance one's features (if we're partly talking make-up) is not lying in any way. It just enhances existing features.

If you're talking about filters, lighting, posing, camera angles and all that, well anyone can use that to make their picture look good. It isn't a case of 'lying' as much as you should understand that people like portraying their best appearance on a profile pic. I'll bet you use exactly the same tools to make your pics look good. On top of that, such pictures aren't for your benefit, so women and men are under no obligation to 'tell the truth' as it were, if the 'truth' for you means taking a picture in harsh light after one has just rolled out of bed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Because they want attention, and making pics where it's not what they really look like in real life is just part it. Lots of girls do this.
1. If girls are 'lying' in their photos then boys should stop lying about their dick size.

2. You can meet girls OFFLINE to avoid this so called 'deception'. The fact that you feel so jaded about online girls shows you probably don't get out much, or don't have the balls to meet girls IRL off tha bat.

3. Just shut up m8. Allow your misogyny yeah fam.
Reply 9
Original post by JAndrade1
1. If girls are 'lying' in their photos then boys should stop lying about their dick size.

2. You can meet girls OFFLINE to avoid this so called 'deception'. The fact that you feel so jaded about online girls shows you probably don't get out much, or don't have the balls to meet girls IRL off tha bat.

3. Just shut up m8. Allow your misogyny yeah fam.

Someone is clearly butt hurt, want some sudocrem?
I much prefer myself irl to in any photo, doesn't matter how many filters I stick on there

Frozen expressions have always weirded me out
Yeah lmao cause I definitely expect these girls to carry around that same amount of good selfie lighting, keep their head positioned in exactly the same angle, have that same contrast - exposure ratio on their face smh THATS :colondollar: why :tongue: yOU :biggrin: takE :wink: tHEm :smile: sWiMMing :u: on the :redface: FIrst :colonhash: DAte :angry: !!!!
Original post by DominiqueNelson
I think its to make themselves feel confident rather than to impress men..

I wonder how many girls would be as meticulous about makeup if there was nobody else there to see them.

My guess is very, very few.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
I ****ing hate it.
Girls why do you do this man ffs
On facebook you look like louise redknapp but in real life you look like harry redknapp.
Its not fair on us and you need to allow it.

OP is right this lady is the perfect example,she tricked her husband into thinking she was beautiful, just so he'd marry her, but in actuality she was far from it!bride.jpg

A lot of females do this!:fyi:

It's a trap.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ed's Balls

I never lie. :wink:
Original post by donnerkebab
I wonder how many girls would be as meticulous about makeup if there was nobody else there to see them.

My guess is very, very few.

We just like to look good, I'm sure everyone does! :smile:
It's the lighting that gets me. They filter their photo till they look white- but in real they are dark as f. People are going to see you in person what's the point? For me when I take pictures what you see is what you get.
B

Original post by Ya Dunno
OP is right this lady is the perfect example,she tricked her husband into thinking she was beautiful, just so he'd marry her, but in actuality she was far from it!bride.jpg

It's a trap.

Like this a- hole girl right here. Ugh keep putting light skin girls on a pedestal.
Original post by xobeauty
B

Like this a- hole girl right here. Ugh keep putting light skin girls on a pedestal.

Woah! this is the first time I have encountered someone with red gems on this forum room.:eek:
Original post by Ya Dunno

It's a trap.

I'm a girl and I don't even understand how anyone can be that good at makeup :shock:

But I wouldn't say lots of girls do that

edit: either way it's very evident she's wearing a lot of makeup, even without seeing the "before" picture so even if you were to call this "lying" it's his own fault for being so gullible
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest