The Student Room Group

MEN: How long until 'the chase' becomes boring

Okay so I've had this thing with a guy for about 3/4 months, we're not in a relationship but you could say we've ended up becoming exclusive (very recently about 2 weeks). Every time there's a party or our friendship group has a party we end up hooking up. (this has happened about 10 times) and we've also gone second base (him to me)
(I'm 19 and started uni in scotland and I know him from uni so I see him all the time) I'm a virgin and he's definitely not, he's had quite a lot of experience in that area. However it's kind have got to the point where I want to have sex with him.. However, the guy I'm interested in has also been interested in me for some time, but what I'm worried about is if I do have sex with him he might because to lose interest? idk... Because the whole process has been dragged out quite a bit as we havent done much in that period of time.. Just a little part of me thinks that he might lose interest if we start having sex.. Because for a lot of guys it's all about the chase..
Also I'm wondering for you guys how long into a relationship would you want to start having sex with them? I know its very different for different people but how long would you say (for my situation of any general one)
Also how long would it take for you to start getting a bit restless/bored?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
However it's kind have got to the point where I want to have sex with him.

So have sex with him.

No amount of worrying about it is going to change how he acts towards you afterwards so why delay it?
no sex till marriage
Reply 4
"MEN: How long until 'the chase' becomes boring?"

When Bradley Walsh stops presenting it and The Beast isn't a chaser any more :wink:
Probably mid to late thirties, when a guys friends are starting settle down, get married and are having kids bachelors feel left out and bored since their friends are spending more time with their family and not going out as much.
Reply 6
Original post by nucdev

When Bradley Walsh stops presenting it and The Beast isn't a chaser any more :wink:

Great thanks -.-
Original post by nucdev

Haha I thought they was on about this as well.
The Beast is the only good one. The Dark Destroyer can't win for **** (he once said the simpsons were blue)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by eternaforest
Haha I thought they was on about this as well.
The Beast is the only good one. The Dark Destroyer can't win for **** (he once said the simpsons were blue)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oi that's racism man :wink:

Lol
Couple of hours, maybe a day or two if you're seriously hot.
Don't you think it would be a good idea to discuss this with him before sleeping with him? Not everybody places importance on their virginity, however, if you like him it's worth discussing what you both want. That way if he isn't interested in dating exclusively or a relationship then you can make an informed decision when choosing if you have sex with him or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nucdev
Oi that's racism man :wink:

Lol

I know why tf is he called the dark destroyer maybe he chose that name himself lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I've had this thing with a guy for about 3/4 months, we're not in a relationship but you could say we've ended up becoming exclusive (very recently about 2 weeks). Every time there's a party or our friendship group has a party we end up hooking up. (this has happened about 10 times) and we've also gone second base (him to me)
(I'm 19 and started uni in scotland and I know him from uni so I see him all the time) I'm a virgin and he's definitely not, he's had quite a lot of experience in that area. However it's kind have got to the point where I want to have sex with him.. However, the guy I'm interested in has also been interested in me for some time, but what I'm worried about is if I do have sex with him he might because to lose interest? idk... Because the whole process has been dragged out quite a bit as we havent done much in that period of time.. Just a little part of me thinks that he might lose interest if we start having sex.. Because for a lot of guys it's all about the chase..
Also I'm wondering for you guys how long into a relationship would you want to start having sex with them? I know its very different for different people but how long would you say (for my situation of any general one)
Also how long would it take for you to start getting a bit restless/bored?

He's patient if you're not dating, if I was him I'd have decided if you were a date or a shag long ago, no point pursuing aimlessly.

You're not exclusive if you're not in a relationship lol, (unless verbally agreed between the two of you), that's a silly assumption to make.

I can't tell you if he wants to date you or just to get in bed with you from what you've written, you'll have to be the judge of that. I think one of you should make some sort of move though.
Reply 13
Original post by nucdev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwGFX5pgXw
Reply 14
Have sex with him. Relax and enjoy it. It'll be fine.
Reply 16

FML IM CRYING :giggle:

On a serious note, you are correct. The beast is fab
Reply 17
Original post by Goaded
FML IM CRYING :giggle:

On a serious note, you are correct. The beast is fab

Of course. love me a bit of Beastie Boy. And there's enough to go around :wink:
Reply 18
Original post by nucdev
Of course. love me a bit of Beastie Boy. And there's enough to go around :wink:

Oh I know there is. :tongue: