The Student Room Group

Better university for Law

Which university from Aston and Nottingham Trent is better for law in terms of teaching and employment prospects?
Original post by polpo
Which university from Aston and Nottingham Trent is better for law in terms of teaching and employment prospects?

I would of thought Trent. Is that not the place where they do the BVC/BPTC?
Original post by honestly
I would of thought Trent. Is that not the place where they do the BVC/BPTC?

People have been saying aston has a better ranking but I don't know hether this outweighs Trent's connection to Nottingham Law School
Original post by polpo
People have been saying aston has a better ranking but I don't know hether this outweighs Trent's connection to Nottingham Law School

tbh I think it is negligible? I think with the likes of aforementioned your grade will be the most important.

:-)
tbh I think it is negligible? I think with the likes of aforementioned your grade will be the most important.

:-)

If you don't mind me asking what university did you go to for law and have you got a training contract?:smile:
Original post by polpo
If you don't mind me asking what university did you go to for law and have you got a training contract?:smile:

I had offers but declined them, I now work in a different industry all together. I worked at a solicitors firm as a researcher part time. The solicitors where I worked thought I would have made "a brilliant barrister". And they kindly offered for me to continue working for them during holiday periods from uni and sponsor my legal education (LPC + Training contract).

One bit of advice I can shed is don't be someone your not and love what you do. The interviewing panel will discern that you are good for the job; with that in mind humility is something that all of us need to work on. And they like it. It means your willing to be corrected, you will give and earn respect and that ultimately your a pleasant person. :-)
I had offers but declined them, I now work in a different industry all together. I worked at a solicitors firm as a researcher part time. The solicitors where I worked thought I would have made "a brilliant barrister". And they kindly offered for me to continue working for them during holiday periods from uni and sponsor my legal education (LPC + Training contract).

One bit of advice I can shed is don't be someone your not and love what you do. The interviewing panel will discern that you are good for the job; with that in mind humility is something that all of us need to work on. And they like it. It means your willing to be corrected, you will give and earn respect and that ultimately your a pleasant person. :-)

Reply 7
Aston is significantly better academic wise, there is no comparison unless you prefer Nottingham as a location and would be happier there.
If you are Asian you will fit right in at Aston. I have never seen a white person on that campus.
do you plan to work regionally or in london?
trent as it stands. aston law school is new and i dont think theyve had their first batch of grads yet, although im sure it will be a good standard of teaching and be much like york, which performed very well. i heard its very commercial and business focused, which could be beneficial in applying to firms perhaps. Law with management

Quick Reply