The Student Room Group

Cambridge pre-U Global Perspectives

I want to try and get into Oxbridge for uni, and after an interview I was told that it would be useful to study a Cambridge pre-U as my 4th subject at A-level, does anybody know anything about the course itself and what universities think of them?
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Ah right my bad, this is the first time I've posted anything on here, thank you for the help 😊
Original post by Jack864
Ah right my bad, this is the first time I've posted anything on here, thank you for the help 😊

that was an automated response which happens when nobody replies to a forum after a day, you are in the right place just ignore it and Im currently doing cambridge pre u, it is higher than an a-level but lower than a degree so universities really like it.

And on the title it says global perspective research and that is a course which is amazing as your 4th a level and universities love it because it gives you the skills required for university. We have to do a 2000 word essay, a 15minute presentation and a 1hr30min exam in y12 and it is about global issues and in y13 we have to do a 5000 word essay.

its mainly only private schools who do the cambridge pre u btw.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by sarah1001
that was an automated response which happens when nobody replies to a forum after a day, you are in the right place just ignore it and Im currently doing cambridge pre u, it is higher than an a-level but lower than a degree so universities really like it.

And on the title it says global perspective research and that is a course which is amazing as your 4th a level and universities love it because it gives you the skills required for university. We have to do a 2000 word essay, a 15minute presentation and a 1hr30min exam in y12 and it is about global issues and in y13 we have to do a 5000 word essay.

its mainly only private schools who do the cambridge pre u btw.

Oh right okay thanks, so I guess I should probably do the course then if it it's that good, for the 2000 and 5000 work essays do you essentially choose what the title is and what subject you do it on?
Original post by Jack864
Oh right okay thanks, so I guess I should probably do the course then if it it's that good, for the 2000 and 5000 work essays do you essentially choose what the title is and what subject you do it on?

the 2000 word essay has to be from a pre released material which cambridge will release a few months before the essay is due and im not sure about the 5000 word. The name of the course changes to IRR from GPR in y13 and its totally independant and you do it alone and if you finish the essay in october y13 then you have completed the course and you can focus on your other subjects.
Reply 6
the 2000 word essay has to be from a pre released material which cambridge will release a few months before the essay is due and im not sure about the 5000 word. The name of the course changes to IRR from GPR in y13 and its totally independant and you do it alone and if you finish the essay in october y13 then you have completed the course and you can focus on your other subjects.

Sounds like a really good course to do then, definitely a subject to do for one of my choices, thanks for the info
Original post by Jack864
Sounds like a really good course to do then, definitely a subject to do for one of my choices, thanks for the info

welcomee. btw does your school do it?
Reply 8
welcomee. btw does your school do it?

No but I'm thinking of moving to a different sixth form to do my a levels and they do it

Quick Reply

Latest