The Student Room Group

Is it better to be single or in a relationship in your 20s? Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kadak
Relationship,its miserable being single.Waking up in the middle of the night,wanting to hug or snuggle someone,but then realising you only have yourself,so you hug your pillow and go back to life.

You'll find someone:smile:
Original post by TheCitizenAct
How young, modern women approach relationships: meet great guy, assume you're in your best years and don't want to be tied down, refuse to date great guy because you feel like you're market value is incredibly high, hit 25, begin to see your opportunities lessen, hit 30, see your opportunities lessen further, feel a biological clock ticking, really wish you had taken advantage of the opportunity and hadn't been such a vapid human being.

Guy is 30, single, still attractive, wealthier, has more prospects and couldn't give a crap about you any more, largely because you're such a vapid human being.

I've seen this scenario play out about...em...20 times in my life. It never fails to make me love the bull****, bat**** crazy feminism many young women have been taught to regard as sacrosanct.

Not all girls are like that. I'm 25 and only had one boyfriend in my life and now been single for years because most of the guys I have been surrounded by just want to sleep around and have as much sex as possible. Even if every under 25 girl wanted to be a good girl and settle down there would not be enough guys to go around.
Original post by AB25
Just been doing some thinking.

On the one hand I love the thought of having someone to love, someone to snuggle with at night and to share deep conversations with, someone who knows me like no other, someone I have a deep romantic connection with etc etc... I think love can be the most beautifully heart-breaking feeling and I want to feel it again at some point in my life time (been in love once before and he was the love of my life thus far)

But on the other hand, I am so YOUNG (just turned 21). There is so much to discover and life is just beginning. There are so many new people to meet, so many places to go. I want to study abroad in third year and do some more voluntary work and travel. I want to experience joy and excitement and fear and elation and ...well, everything. And part of me feels like you can't do all of that when you're so heavily involved with someone at such a young age

Opinions?

It's pretty simple mate.

Be single and have LOTS of fun in your early 20's as life gets a lot more serious in not too many years from where you are now.

Obviously if you meet a great person go out with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
The day my relationship prevents me from achieving my goals is the day i leave. If you feel like your relationship is stopping you from "experiencing the world", it's already doomed to fail.

Young people make me laugh sometimes.

Then again since many people pick their partners partners based on aesthetics over mutual values and beliefs, their relationships aren't really going to be fruitful at all.

Tied down in a relationship.. tch
Being single and being in a relationship in your 20s both have their pros and cons. I've been in a relationship since I was 17 so I can't really say how good it is to be single in my 20s but I can imagine it can be great at times. I think if you find a person who you totally connect with on every level and they don't hold you back in any way and they bring out the best in you, then that's ultimately the best option, no matter what age you are but if you aren't into serious relationships or want to focus on your studies then I would probably say being single is better for you at that age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
If you're in a good, healthy, understanding relationship the only thing you can't do that you can do when you're single is sleep with whoever you want, and even then if you're in one of these new fangled "open" relationships there's nothing stopping you doing that.

Basically relationships are what you make of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending