The Student Room Group

Who will win the by-election?

Poll

Who will win By- Election?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bee2:
I think the green party actually has a shot, they are the real underdogs, especially with climate change back on top priority.
Would seriously be surprised if UKIP won.
Reply 4
Original post by United1892
Would seriously be surprised if UKIP won.

Life is all about surprises :angelwings:
As a person who voted Labour in May, UKIP hopefully. Labour have become so out of touch with ordinary white working class, its unreal. They need a good kicking to sort themselves out. I'm also considering being more supportive of UKIP, because Labour really are becoming a bit of a joke and I cant see any other party that truly represents us. (I'm looking at immigration, EU membership, "positive" discrimination and less emphasis on traditional white blue collar industries). I'm pro welfare state, NHS and all the rest, but Labour really are losing touch in favour of Islington esk actvism.
(edited 8 years ago)
As a UKIP voter, I feel it would be self-defeating if UKIP won.

1. It would create an even stronger argument for the disposal of Corbyn. We need him to remain in place to show, in full effect, just how outrageously mental leftism in this country has become. I veered away from the left about 5 years ago - what I discovered then is only really being understood, in the public gaze, now.

2. Labour needs more time to implode internally. It's eating itself and there's a lot to eat through, it will take a few years before the basket case liberal multiculturalism agenda is shown for what it truly is (prejudice against the resident population masquerading as tolerance for the purpose of accruing votes and wealth).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlwaysWatching
As a person who voted Labour in May, UKIP hopefully. Labour have become so out of touch with ordinary white working class, its unreal. They need a good kicking to sort themselves out. I'm also considering being more supportive of UKIP, because Labour really are becoming a bit of a joke and I cant see any other party that truly represents us. (I'm looking at immigration, EU membership, "positive" discrimination and less emphasis on traditional white blue collar industries). I'm pro welfare state, NHS and all the rest, but Labour really are losing touch in favour of Islington esk actvism.

The idea Labour are the party of the NHS is worn thin. In recent years no-one has done more to privatise and damage the NHS than Labour. I would begin by pointing to £300bn of PFI deals and lazy credit, all of which was started by Major but kicked into overdrive by Labour.

Compassion isn't a substitute for economic suicide.

Then again, the whole privatisation argument is utterly fallacious. It makes me wonder whether there's a political animal in this country attuned to what 'privatisation' actually means. The NHS could never, ever survive without private contractors. EVER.

It can't be 100% public, it has never been 100% public - in fact, many of its most prominent 'employees' (think dentists or GPs) have always been private contractors. They were right when they said Miliband was trying to weaponise the NHS.

We need an honest, sensible discussion about our most important institution. Labour is incapable of having that.
Reply 8
Oldham have voted Labour for decades and the country is still a mess, I hope they do vote UKIP because Labour offer Brits nothing
My vote would have to go to Sir Oink-a-Lot.
Reply 10
I rekon Labour but with a heavily reduced majority.
Labour will win. People who don't like Labour should want them to win, since it will keep Corbyn's job safer.
Original post by Aj12
I rekon Labour but with a heavily reduced majority.

All odds point to this. However, the ONLY reason they are going to win is because of the Asian vote or, in other words, because they've spent decades importing a new electorate more amenable to their interests.

Multiculturalism is working for them, even if it isn't working for anyone else.
Reply 13
Original post by TheCitizenAct
All odds point to this. However, the ONLY reason they are going to win is because of the Asian vote or, in other words, because they've spent decades importing a new electorate more amenable to their interests.

100% agree
Talent.

Talent always wins.

Labour obviously but with a massively reduced margin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justin Bieber!
I think the green party actually has a shot, they are the real underdogs, especially with climate change back on top priority.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Talent.

Talent always wins.

In British politics? Are you sure?

This.

Congratulations on being well informed that's rare for this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

It shows the Tories have failed to persuade Asians who are natural Tory voters. Most asians are conservative, religious, work hard, own businesses and family orientated just like most Tory supporters.

Quick Reply

Latest