The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm sick and tired of how intolerant this religion is,
Even though im not gay myself, I don't see the problem with it- my whole family is homophobic and it sickens me,
And traditional gender roles are a load of rubbish- why do females have to listen to everything males say? Why can't females travel alone? Why is it when boys are born- the amount distributed is larger than when girls are born? I know lots of you will say it's culture not religion- but this is all in the religious texts and holy books ..
The problem is I do not have the guts to leave, my parents will disown me, most likely my friends will too and I'll be the talk of the town
So yeah I'll be stuck with this crap for the rest of my life

Fam you're doing it for the likes bro, next thing I know you'll be giving us ya Insta to follow
Reply 81
Original post by Smokey96
You say Islam promotes inequality, let me say something in Christianity Timothy 2:12 "I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;she must be quiet." < seriously ??
Fam the bible promotes slavery,terrorism,death to all same sex couples and so forth lets not paint Islam with a bad brush.

The difference is a huge amount of Christians disregard these violent and intolerant verses now, except a few in places like America which most people discredit at crazy. On the other hand there are whole countries that follow these awful religious rules to the tee like Saudi or even Pakistan etc. and although I think this is to do with culture (validated by these verses in their religious book) a lot of families still bring these values with them where they come to the UK. Where they SHOULD be challenged rather than just saying "The bible says it too so it's ok we're not that bad" which is a load of ****. You'd be much harder pressed to find a christian family in England that would act the way OP is talking about than a muslim one.

I think christianity is bull**** too by the way I just think what you're saying is wrong. I also think there is a difference between hating a religion and blindly hating it's followers. I have only ever met lovely muslims.
im sick of this life too! living under restrictions and that!

i wouldn't blame Islam, id blame this ****ty culture we got...

things will lighten up, its just a matter of time, when ur free and living life on ur own dont ever look back!
im leaving this **** life for good after im done with my studies and got my dream job at my hands ect
what's most annoying is my parents have already planned my whole life out its so ****ed! i cant deal with it, i have no say in this at all! :frown:
anyway im always here if you wanna talk tho, i know how you feel trust me, really hope u start to feel better
No but u r portraying Islam as if it is the most radical oppressing religion which allow inequalities to be permissible.Most of the other religions are even worse, just wanted to highlight that out.

You have just made the best possible argument for secularism and non-adherence to superstitious beliefs. Religious superstition is the low point of human civilisation.
Original post by 06sulraj
I left Islam a long time ago...my faith evaporated really quickly.

why? :frown:
Original post by emiloujess
I can't rep you enough! I've just read through this whole thread and am shocked by the fact that apparently homosexuality is a choice. IF it was, do they not think that everybody would choose to be straight if only to avoid homophobia? :s-smilie:

ahah aww thank you! YES exactly, that's what's always confused me about the 'homosexuality is a choice' lot - why would you choose to be discriminated against etc.?
Well i tried to correct the sentences which did not make sense, hopefully I did I'm new to this site.But yh homosexuality is anti procreation.Logically speaking, if everyone’s sexuality was expressed heterosexually, then humanity will survive and perpetuate our own kind for generations to come. But simply put, if everyone’s sexuality was expressed homosexually, we would go extinct. Therefore homosexuality is counter productive to the survival of the human race.

Heterosexuality might seem to be selectively advantageous, but theories have been postulated suggesting otherwise.
Search up the "gay uncle" hypothesis. It says that gay uncles so to speak increase the prevalence of their family's genes by providing resources to their closest relatives.

And for a start, not everyone is homosexual, so it's merely not applicable. Far from it, very much far from it.
Secondly humanity wouldn't go instinct; I'm pretty sure a portion of people would want children nonetheless, and homosexual men can still impregnate, and homosexual females can still be impregnated.

So let's summarise; it's not necessarily counter-productive to the survival of the human race, and it's perhaps not in our best interests to perpetuate humanity at this moment in time, considering the numbers we already have about. (There was something else, but I have forgotten it.)

Wow it's sad how I am not allowed to have a opposing view which unfortunately disagrees with homosexuality.Feel free to support homosexuality I respect that but please take into consideration that I have a opinion which collides with yours.And I'm sorry to hear people commit suicide but how can I be blamed?.

I honestly would respect your view, if it didn't hurt people.
You can be blamed by contributing to the stigma surrounding homosexuality, no?

Original post by *Stefan*
That is a fallacy. If everyone had cancer, we'd go extinct. If everyone killed whomever they saw, we'd go extinct. If everyone was alcoholic, we'd go extinct. And so on. This argument is so immature yet people still use it. Well, guess what - not everyone is homosexual nor will everyone ever be.

Truth is, the human population is already unsustainable and is becoming extremely dangerously more so. If future estimates are correct (which they probably are considering how rapidly we multiply) the human race and everything around it will become history. If we take your respective, where everyone is reproducing, we're literally planning our own downfall.

Thus, that argument is completely flawed and not worthy of any serious consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If everyone was a doctor, we'd go extinct. :s-smilie: (No farmers, no?)
Reply 87
Original post by XcitingStuart
If everyone was a doctor, we'd go extinct. :s-smilie: (No farmers, no?)

You can literally apply it to all circumstances.
-If everyone were a professor, we'd go extinct.
-If everyone laughed all day long, we'd go extinct.
-If everyone ate chocolate all day long, we'd go extinct.
-If everyone kissed each other all day long, we'd go extinct.
-If everyone ate chicken everyday, chicken would go extinct.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Ex-Muslim here, I know how tough it can be to keep it from your parents and family, feel free to pm if you would like to talk.
I've been keeping my no good filthy kafir lifestyle a secret for a while now.
Reply 89
Ya all just need to chill the **** out!

OP. If you want to leave Islam, I advise you to do that once you are on your feet. I have heard stories where Ex-Muslims were kicked out and had to find shelter in homeless centres.

I am Muslim btw I could not care less what you believe in or not.
I believe in freedom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Hi OP,

If you go onto Reddit and search r/exmuslim there is a whole community awaiting to support you. There are hundreds of people who have been through what you are experiencing.

I really hope you find happiness away from this backward religion and good-luck.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sick and tired of how intolerant this religion is,
Even though im not gay myself, I don't see the problem with it- my whole family is homophobic and it sickens me,
And traditional gender roles are a load of rubbish- why do females have to listen to everything males say? Why can't females travel alone? Why is it when boys are born- the amount distributed is larger than when girls are born? I know lots of you will say it's culture not religion- but this is all in the religious texts and holy books ..
The problem is I do not have the guts to leave, my parents will disown me, most likely my friends will too and I'll be the talk of the town
So yeah I'll be stuck with this crap for the rest of my life

The bit in italics i agree with :redface: Never understood it myself :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cakeyygirl
im sick of this life too! living under restrictions and that!

i wouldn't blame Islam, id blame this ****ty culture we got...

things will lighten up, its just a matter of time, when ur free and living life on ur own dont ever look back!
im leaving this **** life for good after im done with my studies and got my dream job at my hands ect
what's most annoying is my parents have already planned my whole life out its so ****ed! i cant deal with it, i have no say in this at all! :frown:
anyway im always here if you wanna talk tho, i know how you feel trust me, really hope u start to feel better

chill out init
I love Islam, but hate culture. Hehe
Original post by *Stefan*
Well, guess what - not everyone is homosexual nor will everyone ever be.

Even if they were all gay, AFAIK gay couples may still want children; I'm pretty sure gay men would just donate sperm.. Easy fix.
(edited 8 years ago)
you can leave islam the moment you decide its not for you, you might have to wait a while before you can be open about it though. As an ex muslim myself i suggest you wait till you can move out and/ are financially independent before coming out with it. Also there's an ex muslim thread on TSR that could be really helpful !!
Reply 96
Awwwww... I fell sorry for you. I'm in the exact same position and I can't wait to become an independent adult and get away from home ASAP. It'll allow me to actually express myself freely. My family would kick me out and think I'm possessed as well. Don't worry, you just have to wait a bit longer. Honestly, I can't wait till I get to leave home and do everything I've wanted to do for all my life. Everything you've said is true though. The men in our society are seen as superior to women. Well I call that a load of bs. I've recently become a feminist and I think it's because of the fact that my religion finds men superior but that's all wrong. Obviously, I would never tell anyone this though. I would get disowned, kicked out blah, blah, blah..... Also, the fact that I'm a vegetarian and don't eat meat enough for them to tease me and ridicule me although, it's not a bad thing. I can do what I want however, at the moment, I'm not living freely. this is selfish of me because I'm not living in a death camp or anything but this isn't a nice environment to be in.
Just wait a few years darling and then when you get away, enjoy your life as much as possible and try to make the most of what you missed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samina_ay
why? :frown:

Just didn't want anything to do with religion in general.
Original post by 06sulraj
Just didn't want anything to do with religion in general.

So you don't celebrate Eid or observe Ramadan?
Original post by samina_ay
So you don't celebrate Eid or observe Ramadan?

The latter, I am forced to do it. But Eid I treat it as a normal day.

Latest

Trending

Trending