The Student Room Group

What helps you sleep?!

:redface:

Scroll to see replies

Nothing.
alcohol makes me sleepy
The night,
Temazepam.

Would highly recommend if you have severe insomnia.
Reply 5
Original post by Sabertooth
Temazepam.

Would highly recommend if you have severe insomnia.

Have to go see a doctor?
[scroll] I wish I knew! [/scroll]
Knowing that my body recovers and makes gains while I sleep.
The feeling you get after you've... *ahem*
Original post by Bill_Gates
Have to go see a doctor?

Yup.

What I find great about temazepam rather than something like zopiclone (also might be worth checking out) is that it helps a hell of a lot with anxiety too, so if that's one of your problems it can work better than other drugs.

You could try asking your GP for a few days worth - just to get your body back into sleeping-sync. These kind of drugs are pretty addictive so you're unlikely to get a huge amount but I used to find that getting those few nights of sleep really helps me during an episode of insomnia.
[scroll] my beautiful girlfriend next to me is the only thing that helps me to sleep, otherwise I'd struggle [/scroll]
Yup.

What I find great about temazepam rather than something like zopiclone (also might be worth checking out) is that it helps a hell of a lot with anxiety too, so if that's one of your problems it can work better than other drugs.

You could try asking your GP for a few days worth - just to get your body back into sleeping-sync. These kind of drugs are pretty addictive so you're unlikely to get a huge amount but I used to find that getting those few nights of sleep really helps me during an episode of insomnia.

My doctor is my dad's best friend. He will literally just laugh at me :redface:

Might try some of those boots sleeping tabs?
Original post by Bill_Gates
My doctor is my dad's best friend. He will literally just laugh at me :redface:

Might try some of those boots sleeping tabs?

That sucks. There are strict rules about patient confidentiality but I guess when he's your dad's best friend those laws can sometimes be bent.

I have a friend who had really bad insomnia for many years and she swears by chamomile tea. I'd be inclined to think it's a placebo but might be worth you checking out as googling it does give a lot of results saying it helps with sleep.
That sucks. There are strict rules about patient confidentiality but I guess when he's your dad's best friend those laws can sometimes be bent.

I have a friend who had really bad insomnia for many years and she swears by chamomile tea. I'd be inclined to think it's a placebo but might be worth you checking out as googling it does give a lot of results saying it helps with sleep.

Thanks really appreciate it. Will check it out :redface:
...drank a cup of tea?
Original post by Dr Pesto
...drank a cup of tea?

I shouldn't really say it on here I'd probably get in trouble.

I'm sure you can use your imagination :biggrin:
Sleeping tablets, knocks me out after half an hr of taking it.

Failing that, I get others to knock me out...with a cricket bat.
Reply 17
My mind goes through so many things whilst I'm trying to fall asleep, so what I'd do is to think of something scary and it somehow puts me to sleep lol.
I've got insomnia... so I don't
Staring into the darkness

Quick Reply

Latest