The Student Room Group

Camp America - working with children

I have applied for Camp America for the summer of 2016. I had a Skype interview with one camp but they didn't choose me due to my lack of experience with children. I don't have as much experience with children as others, but I've shown so much passion and enthusiasm which to be honest thought would be enough to win me a place on camp! Has anybody got any tips on what more I can say about my child experience? Is there another time that I could have worked/interacted with kids that I can't think of? Many thanks for your help!
Original post by jakeallen
I have applied for Camp America for the summer of 2016. I had a Skype interview with one camp but they didn't choose me due to my lack of experience with children. I don't have as much experience with children as others, but I've shown so much passion and enthusiasm which to be honest thought would be enough to win me a place on camp! Has anybody got any tips on what more I can say about my child experience? Is there another time that I could have worked/interacted with kids that I can't think of? Many thanks for your help!

Hey Jake - sorry to hear this! Hopefully you'll be hired by another camp! Have you ever looked after younger siblings/cousins - done any babysitting? Every helped out with younger classes at school, or helped younger children with sport in any way?
Reply 2
Original post by allaboutdrama
Hey Jake - sorry to hear this! Hopefully you'll be hired by another camp! Have you ever looked after younger siblings/cousins - done any babysitting? Every helped out with younger classes at school, or helped younger children with sport in any way?

Hi allaboutdrama, funnily enough, I mentioned everything that you stated there! They are all on my application and I said it in the interview. I just do not know what else to say, i'm trying to think what else I have done that involved working with children. Thanks for the reply and if you can think of anything else I would extremely appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest