The Student Room Group

Do promiscuous men care if a girl has slept around a lot?

Would guys who have slept around a lot have a relationship with a gurl who has slept around a lot?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Would guys who have slept around a lot have a relationship with a gurl who has slept around a lot?

Some will, some won't.

The sexist ones who expect a girl to be 'pure' and 'untainted' when they themselves are promiscuous probably won't. The more enlightened ones will.
yes everyone does
Reply 4
Original post by simbasdragon
The sexist ones who expect a girl to be 'pure' and 'untainted' when they themselves are promiscuous probably won't. The more enlightened ones will.

This.
Reply 5

Define 'a lot'.
Reply 6

How would they know that the female had previously been promiscuous in order to use this as a judgement factor? It's not something that ever need come to light really.
Reply 7
I have double standards tbh :/ I am put off if a girl has slept with double figures
I don't care and I'm not promiscuous. As long as they don't have a history of shagging whilst in a non-open relationship then I'm fine with it. I don't really find pious/square girls attractive, but then I don't really like pious people.

The only people who like pious girls are sad little men who fantasize about their suburban church going mothers, religious freaks, and male feminists.

You're the only one being judgemental.
Original post by KingBradly
I don't care and I'm not promiscuous. As long as they don't have a history of shagging whilst in a non-open relationship then I'm fine with it. I don't really find pious/square girls attractive, but then I don't really like pious people.

The only people who like pious girls are sad little men who fantasize about their suburban church going mothers, religious freaks, and male feminists.

Male feminists make a point of wanting promiscuous women for partners.

You've used the word 'pious' three times in this post and it's quite clear that you don't know what it means.

I would have thought most male feminists would support the woman's right to be as promiscuous as she wants (so long as she doesn't hurt anyone). Indeed, as a male feminist in the original sense of the word, I don't mind much if a girl is "pious" or not.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a noble chance
You're the only one being judgemental.

Yes, I judge men who have sexist double standards, and?
Yes, I judge men who have sexist double standards, and?

By this logic do you also judge as racist black men who do not wish to date black women? Sexism doesn't come into this at all, anymore than racism, ageism or 'heightism'. It's a matter of personal preference and the only thing objectionable about it is loudmouths openly judging and insulting people for having preferences they disagree with.
No, if it doesn't bother them, then it don't bother me.

If you don't have at least a little respect for women then the odds of you actually being promiscuous are quite low anyway.

I've never heard the term "square" being used in that manner... interesting.
Original post by James Milibanter
No, if it doesn't bother them, then it don't bother me.

If you don't have at least a little respect for women then the odds of you actually being promiscuous are quite low anyway.

Does having a preference for non-promiscuous women equal disrespect for women?
Original post by a noble chance
Does having a preference for non-promiscuous women equal disrespect for women?

No. But if you ask your gf or whatever, how many have you slept with? and then you break up with her because of the number she replies with, then that's out of order.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I would have thought most male feminists would support the woman's right to be as promiscuous as she wants (so long as she doesn't hurt anyone). Indeed as a male feminist in the original sense of the word, I don't mind much if a girl is "pious" or not.

Most male feminists criticize the objectification of women. Most promiscuous women are the kind that would like to be objectified. I mean I can't really see a male feminist going out with a Page 3 girl.
No they don't, that's just what feminists pretend is true. What feminists call "lads" are more likely to want promiscuous women. .

This is very garbled and confused. It certainly isn't my experience either. Perhaps it would have been in 1920; today, feminists generally fall into the bracket of reclaiming sluttyness and resisting 'patriarchal' double standards, as demonstrated by the posters in this thread.

I don't think 'lads' are more likely to want promiscuous women, they're just more likely to bed them. From my experience they tend to want relationships with purer girls; other men settle for anyone because their options are more limited. You are confusing what options a man has with what he wants.

Similarly, feminist men are often geeky types into current affairs and the university Labour club; less likely to bed a glamour model or a stripper but not necessarily more averse to doing so. What the women want is irrelevant in this context.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending