The Student Room Group

Going to fail Biology for the second time.

I'm resitting WJEC AS Bio BI1 cause I got a D in it last time. The thing is, I revised, I did past papers, I did every friggin thing I did for all my other exams and I managed to get A's and high B's in those so how I ended up with this D is beyond me. Now I'll probably fail it again and the next module BI2 and my life will be over. Both exams are in like a month and a half and I just don't know how I am going to get through them. Should I change how I revised before? Even this is how I've always revised? I've never failed any test that actually mattered before and I don't even know where I went wrong! My teacher (whose evil) I'm sure she was actually pleased that I failed and it's really depressing because I can't get motivated to revise for it again when I know I will fail.
Reply 1
Can anyone reccomend a revision guide for WJEC Biology?

The ones that the teacher gave out are like 1000 pages long, 10 years old and are for the wrong exam board.
Reply 2
Now, Now this aint the right attidude to have, probably you get an D because your style of revision may not be suited for biology... what I suggest is... have you got good notes? I would rather go for your class notes as they are specifically for your board. Nevertheless, ask your teacher or go to WH smith or other good book stores and ask for a revision guide.

If you want to get a top grade like a B or an A revise , highlight the important stuff, revise, revise and then review and after your that try past papers and look at the mark schemes and see how to get good marks...

Hope this has helped:smile:
Revise the mark schemes! Look at how they want you to answer it. Memorize the key terms and words and use them on the appropriate questions in the exam. In biology if you don't mention the words they're looking for you won't get the mark.
Reply 4
I'm resitting AQA A Module 2 Physics this summer as I also got a D in January, despite getting high As in the other two exams (History and Maths) that I sat that month. I've never failed an exam before either, and I even got a really good A in my mock. I could practically recite the whole of my revision guide, did all of the quick questions in there more times than I can count, and did every past paper available, so I also don't know how I went wrong.

I'm really worried that I'm going to fail again too, as all three AS exams will be in the same session, and there is so much to revise.

Cathy
Reply 5
CathyLou
I'm resitting AQA A Module 2 Physics this summer as I also got a D in January, despite getting high As in the other two exams (History and Maths) that I sat that month. I've never failed an exam before either, and I even got a really good A in my mock. I could practically recite the whole of my revision guide, did all of the quick questions in there more times than I can count, and did every past paper available, so I also don't know how I went wrong.

I'm really worried that I'm going to fail again too, as all three AS exams will be in the same session, and there is so much to revise.

Cathy

Sorry about your situation, it's nice to know that someone eles is going through the same thing as me though.

Thanx.
Reply 6
erm a D is not a fail, its just a low pass!!!! im failing biology too, its soo hard even though i revised quite a lot!
Reply 7
learn markschemes, depressing but true.
Lol, I created this thread on my old account ages ago.

I resat my D and ended up with an A overall for AS level. So at least it has a happy ending.
well done you!! glad it all worked out! why people bump threads that are this old to make pointless comments is beyond me :rolleyes:
Well done! :biggrin: I love happy endings.:p::biggrin:
xena101
erm a D is not a fail, its just a low pass!!!!

But to some people (like me), a D is as good as a fail! :wink:
BruceyBonus

:rolleyes: No one likes a big head. Personality goes much further than academia in my eyes:p:
Biology is a bit random and you never know how well/badly you've done. I got a D on module 6 with As in the other five-- inexplicable as I really didnt have a bad day. Good luck with the retake though.
Reply 14
BruceyBonus

In A level results its counted as a pass in school league table etc. Thats how i meant it. I wouldnt be very happy with a D but anyways its still a pass!

Latest