The Student Room Group

What should I do - urgent help required

I've been given a new type of antidepressant. I've been on them for a couple of months now, and they're fantastic. I've never had any meds work so well for me, so quickly. I feel normal again, for the first time in years.

Except...they give me an embarrassing problem. Well, I'm not going to beat around the bush - they've given me a really weak bladder. I dealt with it at first by going to the bathroom really regularly and not drinking too much. But maybe three or four times now they've just made me wet myself without even knowing it's going to happen. Like, I won't need the toilet at all but suddenly I'll just feel myself peeing my pants and can't stop. I don't know what to do as this is a really embarrassing problem that I can't hide but these meds make me feel so normal, so alive, for the first time in years.

What do you suggest? Open to anything...
It'll sound like I'm trolling but like some kind of diapers when you're out and at risk? I swear I'm not trolling :tongue:
Reply 2
Go see a doctor, 99% of people here are not qualified to give you a reasonable suggestion.
Just tell them what youve stated here and im sure they'll do everything they can do to help.
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
See your GP. We can't do anything to help you.
Reply 4
Original post by Zahid~
Go see a doctor, 99% of people here are not qualified to give you a reasonable suggestion.
Just tell them what youve stated here and im sure they'll do everything they can do to help.
Good luck :biggrin:

thanks, i'm just afraid my doc will make me come off them and i'm going to be down without them
Your GP may be able to either give you something to stop it or give something similar which doesn't cause you that issue.
I was told by a nurse to not drink after 6pm.

Quick Reply

Latest