The Student Room Group

AS student, should i go to uni open days

do you think i should go to a uni open day so i can see first hand what they really want or are they only really for A2 students?
You can do but it may be easier when u have done ur exams so u know roughly what grades you got and what u want to do. Wouldn't do any harm to go now though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
There won't really be any more now until Summer 2016, which are aimed at AS students going for 2017 entry anyway, so I'd really recommend going to some then as well as in Autumn 2016 so you aren't trying to cram them all in at once and you have plenty of time to make a decision. There's nothing to stop you from having a look around and deciding which universities you want to look at and which courses, so you can be more focused with your personal statement and what you are looking into. You could also order some prospectuses, although be aware that these may well change when it comes around to you applying.
Reply 3
Original post by ThatGurl
do you think i should go to a uni open day so i can see first hand what they really want or are they only really for A2 students?

Go as soon as possible.
It's never too early to start looking! I left it too late and ended up missing quite a few that I wanted to go to, so I'd start going now if you can. There are usually a few from about February onwards and then the majority will be in the summer, so make sure you know when they are so that you don't end up missing any like I did!

Quick Reply

Latest