The Student Room Group

My penis could be too large?

Ok, so for a long time I've known that my penis fits into the average catagory for length. I'm 6 inches long. Which is all well and good, and I'm pleased with this size. But, recently I learned that the average girth of an adults penis is 4.7 inches. As soon as I read this, I didn't know what to feel about it. I have a girth of 6 inches. From what I've been told already, this is apparently quite large. Is this true? Will it be a problem for me to have sex in the future?

Oh, and one more thing. How hard will it be to find condoms that fit this size?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think your the luckiest guy alive :colone:
Original post by ikhan94
I think your the luckiest guy alive :colone:

Well, I'm not that big really. It's just the girth. But it could be a problem in the future. I suppose it's hardly a terrible problem to have
Reply 3
Original post by Lord Potato VII
Ok, so for a long time I've known that my penis fits into the average catagory for length. I'm 6 inches long. Which is all well and good, and I'm pleased with this size. But, recently I learned that the average girth of an adults penis is 4.7 inches. As soon as I read this, I didn't know what to feel about it. I have a girth of 6 inches. From what I've been told already, this is apparently quite large. Is this true? Will it be a problem for me to have sex in the future?

Oh, and one more thing. How hard will it be to find condoms that fit this size?

You will be able to have sex.

Condoms fit on people's heads. They will be able to fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm not that big really. It's just the girth. But it could be a problem in the future. I suppose it's hardly a terrible problem to have

It is large and it can be problematic. You'll find even some large condoms will be too small. I think most women would find it at least a bit uncomfortable but generally manage it. Some might not be able to take you. Foreplay and lube will probably both come in handy. May have some problems with bottoms fitting.
Original post by alexs2602
It is large and it can be problematic. You'll find even some large condoms will be too small. I think most women would find it at least a bit uncomfortable but generally manage it. Some might not be able to take you. Foreplay and lube will probably both come in handy. May have some problems with bottoms fitting.

Thanks for the advice. Any idea what kind of size I'll need?
Original post by Katty3

I've never thought about that. But I would prefer a snug fit over something that'll cut off blood circulation. :biggrin:
Original post by Katty3

[=1]Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly you've never worn a condom that's too small so I'll tell you why you're wrong. Firstly, when a condom is too small the latex is stretched thinner and it creates greater friction during sex meaning it's significantly more susceptible to breakage. Secondly, it cuts off the blood circulation, reduces sensitivity and can even be uncomfortable or painful.

Just because it can fit doesn't mean it's the right size for the greatest comfort and safety. You'll probably have noticed those condoms snap pretty easily too.
Thanks for the advice. Any idea what kind of size I'll need?

63mm nominal width, give or take. You may prefer slightly tighter or looser. They're hard to find. One or two made by well known brands. You can get custom fit condoms too which by their nature fit much better

For a standard 52mm nominal width condom the condom is 4x as likely to fail for your girth. Approx 8% chance.

Check out my other comment btw
Reply 9
Clearly you've never worn a condom that's too small so I'll tell you why you're wrong. Firstly, when a condom is too small the latex is stretched thinner and it creates greater friction during sex meaning it's significantly more susceptible to breakage. Secondly, it cuts off the blood circulation, reduces sensitivity and can even be uncomfortable or painful.

Just because it can fit doesn't mean it's the right size for the greatest comfort and safety. You'll probably have noticed those condoms snap pretty easily too.

I'm female and celibate. Of course I don't know what it's like to wear a condom. I don't have the necessary equipment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
I'm female and celibate. Of course I don't know what it's like to wear a condom. I don't have the necessary equipment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my point. You don't know what you're talking about. That condom challenge is a load of bull****. Misinformed crap from insecure and ignorant men and women who don't know better. It actually harms men who do need different sized condoms on either end of the spectrum. From the very first time I had sex I knew they were too tight. Now I only carry/use my own condoms, which is to say I'd never rely on anyone else for them.
63mm nominal width, give or take. You may prefer slightly tighter or looser. They're hard to find. One or two made by well known brands. You can get custom fit condoms too which by their nature fit much better

For a standard 52mm nominal width condom the condom is 4x as likely to fail for your girth. Approx 8% chance.

Check out my other comment btw

Thanks. I didn't think that they'd be hard to find. I was told by someone else that Trojan Magnums would work, but I'm concerned about the extra length.
Now I only carry/use my own condoms, which is to say I'd never rely on anyone else for them.

I guess carrying my own would be a necessity, then?
I guess carrying my own would be a necessity, then?

Pretty much, yeah. Very unlikely any partner will carry something you'll find remotely comfortable. Hell, I was given two different "large" condoms for free. One felt uncomfortably tight, one felt almost bearable but still a bit too snug.

Thanks. I didn't think that they'd be hard to find. I was told by someone else that Trojan Magnums would work, but I'm concerned about the extra length.

Definitely not. They're a longer condom more than wider. 54mm nominal width. That's barely more than average, if that. Even Durex comfort XL would be a bit on the tight side. Pasante King Size(60mm n/w) is the closest I've just found. There is a bigger one by a fairly well known brand but that might be a bit too loose, which you might find strange. Honestly, there are two custom condom manufacturers, theyfit and mysize. Check 'em out if the pasante is still too tight for you.
A good idea, certainly.

You've seen the other recent thread on this, and the advice is much the same.
Pretty much, yeah. Very unlikely any partner will carry something you'll find remotely comfortable. Hell, I was given two different "large" condoms for free. One felt uncomfortably tight, one felt almost bearable but still a bit too snug.

Definitely not. They're a longer condom more than wider. 54mm nominal width. That's barely more than average, if that. Even Durex comfort XL would be a bit on the tight side. Pasante King Size(60mm n/w) is the closest I've just found. There is a bigger one by a fairly well known brand but that might be a bit too loose, which you might find strange. Honestly, there are two custom condom manufacturers, theyfit and mysize. Check 'em out if the pasante is still too tight for you.

I was unaware that custom sizes were available. If they're not too expensive expensive, I'll use that and save myself some hassle. Thanks a lot :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not necessary - Skyns Large will fit and be nicer than any latex condom.
Original post by unprinted

Lambskin? No thanks. Anyway, word on the street is that they're not very good at preventing STIs
Original post by unprinted

Mate, if I thought they would be big enough for OP I would have mentioned them. They're not. 56mm nominal width. I've worn that, they were uncomfortably tight. It'll be about 36% stretch which is way too much.
They're not lambskin (which indeed do not protect against assorted STIs) but they're not latex condom.

If I fit into them, someone who's only 6" around will...

Quick Reply

Latest