The Student Room Group

I'm a bundle of self loathing

I'm just so mad at myself right now. I can't seem to do anything right. I can't think right, I cant study right, I cant concentrate right. I've messed up all my studies. I have an internet addiction. My parents hate me. I hate me. And the worst part is that I've brought it on myself. I can't get out of this negative mindset and it annoys me so much. I do these things to myself and then I complain about it and the cycle goes on and on and on and I can't seem to get out. I'm the one who chose to watch 10 TV series instead of studying for exams. I'm the one who chose to miss so many days of school that I'm practically up to my eye balls in catch up work and then I'm the one who decided to spend hours on youtube instead of doing it all. I'm the one who keeps thinking negative and not being able to see the light and positives of a situation. I have depression but if I was just able to think on the bright side instead of self hating and thinking everything is over, then I would be fine. I did that to myself. I have no right to feel sorry for myself and nobody has the right to feel sorry for me so all I can do it hate hate and hate on myself because I chose for all this to happen and now I cant seem to get myself out of this horrid cycle. I try and try but I just cant :frown:

I just want to bundle up and disappear.
Original post by curiousduck
I'm just so mad at myself right now. I can't seem to do anything right. I can't think right, I cant study right, I cant concentrate right. I've messed up all my studies. I have an internet addiction. My parents hate me. I hate me. And the worst part is that I've brought it on myself. I can't get out of this negative mindset and it annoys me so much. I do these things to myself and then I complain about it and the cycle goes on and on and on and I can't seem to get out. I'm the one who chose to watch 10 TV series instead of studying for exams. I'm the one who chose to miss so many days of school that I'm practically up to my eye balls in catch up work and then I'm the one who decided to spend hours on youtube instead of doing it all. I'm the one who keeps thinking negative and not being able to see the light and positives of a situation. I have depression but if I was just able to think on the bright side instead of self hating and thinking everything is over, then I would be fine. I did that to myself. I have no right to feel sorry for myself and nobody has the right to feel sorry for me so all I can do it hate hate and hate on myself because I chose for all this to happen and now I cant seem to get myself out of this horrid cycle. I try and try but I just cant :frown:

I just want to bundle up and disappear.

Okay, first of all calm down.

What's the matter? What's brought this on?

Second of all; you have plenty of time until exams; they're in the summer, right?

That's loads of time to sit down; draw yourself up a plan and stick to it
I'm failing to do even the simplest of tasks and its so frustrating not being able to get out of this bad habit cycle that I seem to be stuck in. I have so much to do before Summer and I feel that I am no where near and I just KNOW I wont get there in time exactly like last year and will have to drop out and start working. I can't even get out of bed or complete a piece of homework let alone stick to a revision timetable.

I hate it so damn much.
I'm failing to do even the simplest of tasks and its so frustrating not being able to get out of this bad habit cycle that I seem to be stuck in. I have so much to do before Summer and I feel that I am no where near and I just KNOW I wont get there in time exactly like last year and will have to drop out and start working. I can't even get out of bed or complete a piece of homework let alone stick to a revision timetable.

I hate it so damn much.

Coffee helps for that, y'know :wink:

On a more serious note, you sound like you might have depression or just some kind of anxiety issue?

Turn off the TV/ Computer/Phone, pick up the homework and do it. Set yourself X number of time when you get back in the evening to just do everything.
Yeah I have depression :sad:

I ended up kind of sorting it but I had to get drunk first >.<
Yeah I have depression :sad:

I ended up kind of sorting it but I had to get drunk first >.<

You need to sort out your mental health first then; but try and do your studies.

Don't get drunk; alcohol is a depressant; it will make your mental health issues worse. Try and stay off the alcohol.
Yeah, I'm working on it with therapy etc

It makes me feel significantly better though and things are just easier to cope with :L
Yeah, I'm working on it with therapy etc

It makes me feel significantly better though and things are just easier to cope with :L

Just don't give up on your studies; you can do it.

What are studying and what did you get at GCSE ect?

Quick Reply

Latest