The Student Room Group

Does anyone else just HATE themselves?

I hate myself so much. Everything that is wrong in my life is my own fault and I hate it a lot. I wish I could just huddle up into a corner and disappear. I've never hated anyone more than I've hated myself. And its my own fault. I chose to think this way and be in this mindset of self loathing.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it's your fault.

No-one should should hate themselves.

If you hate everything that's gone wrong - hate them.
Some things you can't change, fair enough.

But the things you can change, change them so that you feel happier.
Reply 3
Original post by Little Toy Gun
I don't think it's your fault.

No-one should should hate themselves.

If you hate everything that's gone wrong - hate them.

There is no "them", just me. I wish there was someone else to blame but there really isnt. I have to take responsibilities of my failures.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM

I wish I could but I can't. I feel like I'm trapped in an endless cycle that I cant remove myself from. I cant seem to change my habits or my mindset even though it makes me so unhappy. So in essence my unhappiness is due to me.
Original post by Anonymous
There is no "them", just me. I wish there was someone else to blame but there really isnt. I have to take responsibilities of my failures.

You're included in the 'no-one'. I don't think anyone should hate himself or herself.

You don't have to blame anyone else. You don't have to blame yourself. Hating yourself is not taking responsibility; doing something about it is.
Reply 6
Make your self laugh,
Get yourself some ice cream/chocolate
Buy a pair of nice shoes/J's

You and yourself will be besties again :h:
And then you may change your life to the best it can be and more
Reply 7
You're included in the 'no-one'. I don't think anyone should hate himself or herself.

You don't have to blame anyone else. You don't have to blame yourself. Hating yourself is not taking responsibility; doing something about it is.

and not being able to do something about it and letting things continue how they are warrants the fault as mines. Therefore again me blaming myself is unfortunately justifiable.
Original post by SeanFM

It's not that simple. Imagine you're in Tesco and every item in the store falls off the shelves and you have to put them all back. That overwhelming feeling is what this feels like, where do you start? Who even knows if you'll put all the items back. Is there any point in even trying?
Original post by LeyK
Make your self laugh,
Get yourself some ice cream/chocolate
Buy a pair of nice shoes/J's

You and yourself will be besties again :h:
And then you may change your life to the best it can be and more

Let me offer a joke:

Today a student asked another student to print her a picture of Helen Keller.

Minutes later a picture of Hannah Montana was brought to her.
and not being able to do something about it and letting things continue how they are warrants the fault as mines. Therefore again me blaming myself is unfortunately justifiable.

It may or may not be justifiable, but not reasonable or logical.

If you cannot do anything about it:
[video="youtube;SvOyi6mYIWs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOyi6mYIWs[/video]
Original post by Zargabaath
It's not that simple. Imagine you're in Tesco and every item in the store falls off the shelves and you have to put them all back. That overwhelming feeling is what this feels like, where do you start? Who even knows if you'll put all the items back. Is there any point in even trying?

thank u so much for understanding :hugs: this is exactly it!
Reply 12
Let me offer a joke:

Today a student asked another student to print her a picture of Helen Keller.

Minutes later a picture of Hannah Montana was brought to her.

:lol: lol. Someone was using Bing :laugh:
I wish I could but I can't. I feel like I'm trapped in an endless cycle that I cant remove myself from. I cant seem to change my habits or my mindset even though it makes me so unhappy. So in essence my unhappiness is due to me.

I'm sorry to hear that. Without knowing what it is, for me it's hard to say, but maybe one day you will be able to do something about it.

You could sit there hating yourself for it or try to do something about it. Start where it makes sense to start. If you aren't able to put everything back, fair enough. You've tried and you've put some back and maybe, just maybe, that's good enough. Get a good friend or relative to help you put things back and it may feel easier.
Original post by LeyK
:lol: lol. Someone was using Bing :laugh:

I couldn't stop laughing.
[scroll] simply try to do something about it and become a better person so that you don't hate yourself, it's not impossible [/scroll]
I've spent the last 2 days completely drunk out of my mind to get away from this feeling. I've never touched more than a drop of alcohol before so it's been interesting to say the least. My fiance called me after I reached my peak of ****ing myself up completely and I cried to him saying I can't deal with any of my **** anymore. At some point I told him that he's perfect and now I'm crying because I'm just really glad I said that. :confused: I have no idea why I'm crying. I think I'm still drunk. I hate what I've turned into. My life has just been one falling domino after another. It's about time I started drinking. God I need a drink. :coma:
(edited 8 years ago)
I wish I could just huddle up into a corner and disappear.

While this is sad, this is also exactly how I feel sometimes.
Original post by SeanFM
You could sit there hating yourself for it or try to do something about it. Start where it makes sense to start. If you aren't able to put everything back, fair enough. You've tried and you've put some back and maybe, just maybe, that's good enough. Get a good friend or relative to help you put things back and it may feel easier.
I understand what you're saying, logically you're reasoning is sound. But the problem is that overwhelming feeling, even if you realise what you need to do, doing it is extremely difficult because you don't think rationally.
I understand what you're saying, logically you're reasoning is sound. But the problem is that overwhelming feeling, even if you realise what you need to do, doing it is extremely difficult because you don't think rationally.

Aye, tis true. :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest