The Student Room Group

Just slept for 28 hours straight

Had long busy sleepless nights because of clinic treating patients last week, and exams, and several days of only 4 hours sleep.

Have today off, so I had a nice warm shower and passed out monday morning.

I feel so refreshed and alive right now.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I envy you !
How did you not wake up in the 28 hours to pee or anything!?
28 hours? bruv - i just about get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep
I have done that before, but 16 hours. It was after a lot of jet lag!
You sure it wasn't 4 hours? :colondollar:

I might have just saved you a whole day.
Original post by Zerforax

Genius. :smile:
I slept for 17 hours once.
Reply 8
Seems you've entered hibernation mode.
Original post by Chicken Bacon
Had long busy sleepless nights because of clinic treating patients last week, and exams, and several days of only had 4 hours sleep.

Have today off, so I had a nice warm shower and passed out monday morning.

I feel so refreshed and alive right now.

How do you push yourself to stay awake for so long? I really struggle with that.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
How do you push yourself to stay awake for so long? I really struggle with that.

It's quite impossible to stay awake when you're at clinic 8 to 6, then exams in other days to prepare for.
I never understand how people manage to sleep for longer than 12 consecutive hours...
And here's me not having slept for almost 40 hours...
It's quite impossible to stay awake when you're at clinic 8 to 6, then exams in other days to prepare for.

So how did you do it? Could you not have prepared for it by sleeping earlier before?
Original post by Zerforax

Exactly my thoughts coming into this thread - if you slept for 28 hours STRAIGHT, what was the thought process on waking? "What's the time... Huh? I'm sure I slept more than 4 hours... Ah well, I feel good, might as well get up... *Clicks TV remote* Wooooaaaah WTF, where the **** did Monday go!!??" :lol:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Exactly my thoughts coming into this thread - if you slept for 28 hours STRAIGHT, what was the thought process on waking? "What's the time... Huh? I'm sure I slept more than 4 hours... Ah well, I feel good, might as well get up... *Clicks TV remote* Wooooaaaah WTF, where the **** did Monday go!!??" :lol:

That's how I felt, I didn't know what day it was LOOL.
And?

Some people are lucky to get 4 hours of sleep on a good day. You should count yourself among the lucky.
Original post by Danny McCoyne
And?

Some people are lucky to get 4 hours of sleep on a good day. You should count yourself among the lucky.

lucky that i spent the last week with sleepless nights on some days, and at most 4 hours sleep on others because I had patients to treat, and exams to do ? Yeah how lucky I am.
Reply 19
lucky that i spent the last week with sleepless nights on some days, and at most 4 hours sleep on others because I had patients to treat, and exams to do ? Yeah how lucky I am.

Are you a medic?

Quick Reply

Latest