No 18%
I believe in equality, but I am not 29%
I am but I do not support the mainstream brand of feminism10%
Total votes: 136
Just curious.

Scroll to see replies

Yes.

It's simple though:

Do you believe women deserve the same rights as men?

If the answer is yes... Congratulations! You're a feminist.
No. I am not a feminist. I don't think woman should have the same power as men. :colone:
Yes

"I believe in equality, but I'm too much of a d*ck to call myself a feminist, so I'm an egalitarian"- lol just stop :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Neostigmine
Yes.

It's simple though:

Do you believe women deserve the same rights as men?

If the answer is yes... Congratulations! You're a feminist.

Interesting, equality of the sexes is not exclusive to feminism though.
Reply 5
As long as people like this exist, I'll never call myself a feminist:

Yes.
Original post by Evening

That's pretty ridiculous - what a stupid person.
Reply 8
It never crosses my mind, so i guess im not.
Reply 9
Original post by ivybridge
That's pretty ridiculous - what a stupid person.

It's quite frightening how many people are tweeting similar things to quickly demonise James Deen without any evidence even in private media outlets:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-response-to-stoyas-rape-allegations-proves-rape-culture-is-alive-and-well_565c69cfe4b079b2818ae23b

If innocent until proven guilty is part of 'rape culture' then I fear for the future of the judicial system.
Original post by Evening

Those tweets are that bad it makes me think the person is wumming tbh.
Original post by Evening

These extremists do things in the name of feminism, but it isn't feminism.
It's like how some extreme christians attack centres that provide abortion in the name of their beliefs. But this doesn't then apply to all christians.

I am a feminist. I do not identify with these tweets. It's dangerous, harmful and wrong. But I think it has become fashionable to say that someone isn't a feminist because they disagree with these extremists and social justice warriors and that causes damage on it's own,

How would you express your position on women's rights without saying you're a feminist out of interest?
I'm a feminist and proud

Specifically a libitarian femenism.
Reply 13
Original post by Wilfred Little
Those tweets are that bad it makes me think the person is wumming tbh.

I checked the account out in more detail and I think it's actually parody account, which would make more sense. Although I'd love to say "I don't think anyone can be that stupid", here's a genuine tweet from someone in support of lynching James Deen:

Original post by BobbyFlay
Interesting, equality of the sexes is not exclusive to feminism though.

It's not, but the generally accepted definition of feminism is 'the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes' (from the Oxford English) so by identifying as a feminist you're seeking equal treatment for both (some now add 'all') sexes :smile: although I suppose it depends a lot on how you personally interpret it.
Reply 15
Original post by abruiseonthesky
It's not, but the generally accepted definition of feminism is 'the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes' (from the Oxford English) so by identifying as a feminist you're seeking equal treatment for both (some now add 'all':wink: sexes :smile: although I suppose it depends a lot on how you personally interpret it.

Funny then that it uses a gendered pronoun to achieve 'equality'.
Original post by Evening
I checked the account out in more detail and I think it's actually parody account, which would make more sense. Although I'd love to say "I don't think anyone can be that stupid", here's a genuine tweet from someone in support of lynching James Deen:

I somewhat agree with you - innocent until proven guilty etc. - but the other side of it is imo is having the correct response to someone saying they've been raped, i.e. being supportive and not being like 'well prove it' without being accusatory or whatever towards the accused perpetrator, if that makes sense? I know it's not particularly well worded
Original post by Evening
Funny then that it uses a gendered pronoun to achieve 'equality'.

It's to do with the etymology of the word... originally feminism was solely a women's liberation movement - voting, education etc. As progress was made in those areas, the movement evolved, as social movements do, into what the definition is today.
It's not, but the generally accepted definition of feminism is 'the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes' (from the Oxford English) so by identifying as a feminist you're seeking equal treatment for both (some now add 'all':wink: sexes :smile: although I suppose it depends a lot on how you personally interpret it.

Feminism is about women having the same power as men. It is a tyranny which increases the power of the government.

In my mind that definition implies that women's rights will be boosted where they do not match those of men's, but the same principles are not applied to where men's rights are not as robust as ours.

Quick Reply

Latest