The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

"Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has been referred.."

Got an email from Birmingham saying "Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration," is this general procedure? If it isn't general procedure is it good or bad?! I've applied for Law, and sent my application off nearly 3 weeks ago and I've already received a confirmation email saying they've received my application, then another one saying they were still considering it. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by oechalia
Got an email from Birmingham saying "Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration," is this general procedure? If it isn't general procedure is it good or bad?! I've applied for Law, and sent my application off nearly 3 weeks ago and I've already received a confirmation email saying they've received my application, then another one saying they were still considering it. Thank you!

Yeah it's normal, it just means the university has received it and it's gone to the Law department, last year it took me about 3 and a half weeks to get an offer from them.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I got that email too - I'm doing my LNAT in 2 weeks, do you think they'll reject me before I do it?

Original post by AK201296
Yeah it's normal, it just means the university has received it and it's gone to the Law department, last year it took me about 3 and a half weeks to get an offer from them.
Reply 3
Original post by CBftw
I got that email too - I'm doing my LNAT in 2 weeks, do you think they'll reject me before I do it?

Nah they'll definitely wait until they can see your score, unless your AS grades are awful. (By awful, I mean DDE or something.) I scored 26 last year, average was 22. Unfortunately, I messed up my A levels and I'm reapplying this year from an independent 6th form college, so I did my LNAT a couple of weeks ago. Where else are you applying?
Reply 4
Nah they'll definitely wait until they can see your score, unless your AS grades are awful. (By awful, I mean DDE or something.) I scored 26 last year, average was 22. Unfortunately, I messed up my A levels and I'm reapplying this year from an independent 6th form college, so I did my LNAT a couple of weeks ago. Where else are you applying?

I got ABBB for AS so hopefully I'll be okay. I'm also applying to Coventry, Leicester, Essex and Nottingham Trent. :smile:
Reply 5

Okay thank you! It's just that I know someone that has an unconditional for Law and didn't receive this e-mail prior to her offer so I was a bit confused/worried.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by CBftw
I got ABBB for AS so hopefully I'll be okay. I'm also applying to Coventry, Leicester, Essex and Nottingham Trent. :smile:

Ah cool, I got my offer from Leicester today. What are your predictions?
Has anyone else had an email saying this?

"Thank you for your application to study at the University of Birmingham. I am very pleased to be able to tell you that we will be making you an offer. The full details of your offer will be available on the UCAS Track web site within the next two weeks and you will be notified by UCAS once this is available. You will also receive your offer letter and guide in the post shortly after. "

Quick Reply