The Student Room Group

The Waitrose Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Aphrodite99
I'm current doing the eLearning tasks on the partner intranet. I attempted to do the Food Safety task and I keep failing the test at the end even though I choose the right answers. ( I know they are right because after I click on them a tick appears, but still at the end of the test it says that I have failed)

What is going on???

It only marks your mistakes if you mark something that shouldnt be. If you don't mark the right answer it wont tell you. If you cant figure it out you can just mark everything and note the right and wrong answers.
Has anyone else failed loads of the training before they start? I have dyslexia and having a 100% pass mark is simply absurd!
Reply 642
Yeah I failed a few times in the start on fire safety and such but you get the hang of it eventualy. And yes Im pretty sure you have to get 100% but it doesnt realy matter if you make mistakes since they dont keep score. Just keep at it and youll get it eventually. Also if you can try to do them at home so its not too awkward if you keep failing while in store.
Reply 643
How do you apply for a partnership card? I need on badly..just joined in last week of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 644
Original post by Senll
How do you apply for a partnership card? I need on badly..just joined in last week of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you have to work for at least 3 months first before you get it
Reply 645
Original post by Senll

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be contracted to work ~3 months. After that you will get evaluated and if they decide to keep you you will be a full partner and get the card. Good luck.
Reply 646
So even if my contract ends in 5 months they will evaluate me after 3 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I got this message, but when I go back to the communication centre I see nothing?
Glitch?
Hey I have a question.

What is this thing I'm hearing about sunday pay being different from every other day in waitrose?

My colleague said along with our £7.66 salary from monday to friday, we get an extra £1.50 on our salary which is £9.16 an hour when working on sunday.

Is this true because i checked on google and didn't see anything like this.
Reply 649
Original post by Translations?
Hey I have a question.

What is this thing I'm hearing about sunday pay being different from every other day in waitrose?

My colleague said along with our £7.66 salary from monday to friday, we get an extra £1.50 on our salary which is £9.16 an hour when working on sunday.

Is this true because i checked on google and didn't see anything like this.

From what I know, if you started before April this year you would be getting "time and half" which is your contracted hourly rate plus a half on Sundays. But if you started after April you'll be paid just the contracted hourly rate (i.e. 7.66 per hour).
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, what is the average or typical time to be in the candidate bank, or how frequently are part time vacancies available at a medium-small branch?
So I've just started work and I do counters and checkouts. But I'd prefer to do replenishment and operations. Is it possible and how do I tell my manager?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 652
Original post by Aphrodite99
So I've just started work and I do counters and checkouts. But I'd prefer to do replenishment and operations. Is it possible and how do I tell my manager?

If you just started then you probably can't do anything until your contract ends end you become a full partner. Then you can easily ask your line manager to transfer you when a vacancy is available.
I started last Monday, and last Monday my uniform was ordered. It still hasn't arrived and I haven't been given a locker either. Should I be concerned ?
Reply 654
Original post by Adaobi01
I started last Monday, and last Monday my uniform was ordered. It still hasn't arrived and I haven't been given a locker either. Should I be concerned ?

The uniform will come in in 3-2 weeks. But you probably will have to go to the office and ask if it's arrived yourself. As for the keys again don't be afraid to ask. You can easily ask your line manager and he/she will likely sort it out for you. The main thing is that you cant be scarred to bring up your problems/questions to any coworkers who are more experienced or higher ups.
Reply 655
Original post by Kotton
The uniform will come in in 3-2 weeks. But you probably will have to go to the office and ask if it's arrived yourself. As for the keys again don't be afraid to ask. You can easily ask your line manager and he/she will likely sort it out for you. The main thing is that you cant be scarred to bring up your problems/questions to any coworkers who are more experienced or higher ups.

The standard delivery if ordered on a Monday morning is that same Wednesday, it has to be ordered by a certain time though, otherwise it arrives the following Wednesday. If you're still waiting after a few weeks, they've probably forgotten to order it.
Reply 656
Original post by ljay09
The standard delivery if ordered on a Monday morning is that same Wednesday, it has to be ordered by a certain time though, otherwise it arrives the following Wednesday. If you're still waiting after a few weeks, they've probably forgotten to order it.

You might be right, but I'm just relaying what they told me when I started and I got my uniform 2.5 weeks after I started.
Thank you for answering my previous question. I just finished a shift about an hour ago and I decided to check my timecard on partnerlink. I started my first proper day at waitrose on the 26th of September, so that was 2 weeks ago now. But my hours for that day are not on my time sheet? I work 17 hours a week, but last week was entered as 13.75 hours. Is it supposed to be like this or should I talk to my manager about this ?
Do we get sick pay for short term absence?
Reply 659
Guys I just wanna know, if you work the day after Christmas and and before it, if you work the day after new year and before it...do you get paid extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending