The Student Room Group

The Waitrose Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
Anyone know break entitlement for an 8 hour night shift? Am I right in saying half an hour?
Reply 61
Original post by KX321
So I got a call on Sunday and was offered a job and was told that it would have to go through "resourcing" (HR?), the guy on the phone said he'd speak to them Monday/Tuesday and I'm yet to hear anything further.

How long does it normally take from job offer to first day on the job?

I still haven't heard anything on this.

Would people suggest I contact the resourcing department about it or should I just be patient?
Original post by raechelle
Hi!
Anyone know break entitlement for an 8 hour night shift? Am I right in saying half an hour?

Yep! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Hi!

It is only 20 minutes.
Hi!

Yes :smile:
Original post by KX321
I still haven't heard anything on this.

Would people suggest I contact the resourcing department about it or should I just be patient?

Shouldn't be more than 3 weeks. When that passes i'd give them a ring.
Reply 66
Original post by WaitroseGod
Shouldn't be more than 3 weeks. When that passes i'd give them a ring.

Oh wow I didn't realise it could take that long.

I'll wait a bit longer then, and I guess with it being Christmas and all next week won't really help.
Original post by WaitroseGod
x

Got a few questions:

1) Do we have to work on Boxing Day?
2) I still haven't recieved some of my uniform, who should I talk to? I don't think my manager is in during my shift time.
3) I've worked for 3 months now, who should I ask about a discount card?

If I ever have to call in sick, do I just ring the store, or is there an absence line? Can't seem to find this information anywhere.
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Got a few questions:

1) Do we have to work on Boxing Day?
2) I still haven't recieved some of my uniform, who should I talk to? I don't think my manager is in during my shift time.
3) I've worked for 3 months now, who should I ask about a discount card?

1) no we don't :yep:
2) maybe the Personnel manager who did your interview? Or you could just ring the branch, explain your problem and ask who you should talk to
3) I'd ask your manager

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Add!ction
If I ever have to call in sick, do I just ring the store, or is there an absence line? Can't seem to find this information anywhere.

You have to ring the store directly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
You have to ring the store directly

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are ever sick, do they just make you cover up the hours on another day?
If you are ever sick, do they just make you cover up the hours on another day?

I imagine it depends on your manager. My manager would ask I do that though, yes
Reply 73
Hi everyone, I've been working at Waitrose for a few months now but I've decided that it's no longer for me and it's time to move on. How do I go about handing in my resignation letter? I know I should know, but I have no idea who the manger of my store is (as we recently recieved a new one). I was wondering if it would be fine to just hand it in to one of the heads of my section. Also, is there an interview after you hand in the letter?
To get an additional discount card, do I have to speak to someone in store or is there some kind of form I can fill in online?
Original post by Cherryp
Hi everyone, I've been working at Waitrose for a few months now but I've decided that it's no longer for me and it's time to move on. How do I go about handing in my resignation letter? I know I should know, but I have no idea who the manger of my store is (as we recently recieved a new one). I was wondering if it would be fine to just hand it in to one of the heads of my section. Also, is there an interview after you hand in the letter?

Partnerlink >> Submit resignation
To get an additional discount card, do I have to speak to someone in store or is there some kind of form I can fill in online?

Partnerlink >> Additional card holder >> Fill in the details of your family member
I was just wondering if any of you know what the pay is on Christmas Eve, is it pay and a third or pay and a half or normal? :smile: thanks
Reply 78
I am trying to book holiday for next summer but it keeps getting rejected, any tips on how to get around this?
Original post by hanbrown15
I was just wondering if any of you know what the pay is on Christmas Eve, is it pay and a third or pay and a half or normal? :smile: thanks

If your getting as far as submitting it to your line manager, then your manager is rejecting it, this is most likely because:

- you have too many partners off at that time already.
- there are local restrictions in your branch on that week.

If your getting that far, speak to your manager after Christmas and find out why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending