The Student Room Group

how do I forget about a girl

So this girl I liked friendzoned me, although I thought she liked me. We even kissed once in a club.

anyway I have been trying everything to get over her for the past month. I have dated other girls, I am constantly messaging other girls. I volunteer now and I have been putting lots of effort into studying this year. I avoid the lectures she goes to and go to alternative ones. In my spare time I read lots and have started yoga lessons.

However still all I can think of is her
Reply 1
Well try to take your mind of her, which you probably are however because you see her all the time this makes you want her more, but like just stay focus on your study and likewise if chatting to another girl makes it better then may be hook up with another girl.
Imagine her pu**** with herpes. Toxic.
- Replacing her: it wont work. It may actually make matters worse.
- Avoiding her: dont run away from the situation, you need to confront it and learn to get used to her being around. The more you avoid her, the moreyou spend time trying to not think about her but of course you will just end up thinking about her
Reply 4
Original post by angelcake123
- Replacing her: it wont work. It may actually make matters worse.
- Avoiding her: dont run away from the situation, you need to confront it and learn to get used to her being around. The more you avoid her, the moreyou spend time trying to not think about her but of course you will just end up thinking about her

Well replacing her might work because then your not thinking about her, but if he wants to move on from the girl then spending time with her would be reckless
Original post by Raeesa.x
Well replacing her might work because then your not thinking about her, but if he wants to move on from the girl then spending time with her would be reckless

I cant see it working. If OP replaces girl A with girl B, he is just going to subconsciously compare girl B to girl A. If girl B is not as good as girl A (which is usually the case when people replace others) then OP will be disatisfied. OP will feel like he can never find someone like girl A and will find it even harder to get over someone.

OP the way I get over people is to think of their worst traits. I know this is brutal but it works. Every time you think of her, just think about something about her that bugs you. Maybe something she does, or something that you and her dont agree on. Atm you see her to be perfection but you need to move beyond that and remind yourself of the times when she wasnt perfection in your eyes. Then the process of forgetting about her will be slightly easier and hopefully more doable.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending