The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A2 F214/F215 exams June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben4
Tell me about it, Biology is becoming such a bore and my motivation for it is becoming non-existent. I really need to find a good way to revise so that I can be engaged and begin to like Biology again! I agree a teacher has a massive effect on the fond you have for a subject, that might be another reason why I dislike Biology rn :biggrin:.

IKR! I actually enjoyed Biology at AS and then Ecology went for the kill XD. One of my teachers as well.. like she seems really bored herself when she teaches :giggle:

I do Physics and my teacher had the same effect but when I started to read Physics that was outside the syllabus ( like the things I actually enjoyed ) I went back to liking it again :smile: although I still dread doing OCR Physics lol it's actually hell XD
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
IKR! I actually enjoyed Biology at AS and then Ecology went for the kill XD. One of my teachers as well.. like she seems really bored herself when she teaches :giggle:

I do Physics and my teacher had the same effect but when I started to read Physics that was outside the syllabus ( like the things I actually enjoyed ) I went back to liking it again :smile: although I still dread doing OCR Physics lol it's actually hell XD

Maybe you should try read around the Biology topics you enjoy then? :smile: Aww I have heard that Physics is really difficult, it is a regret of mine not taking it. :frown:
Original post by Ben4
Maybe you should try read around the Biology topics you enjoy then? :smile: Aww I have heard that Physics is really difficult, it is a regret of mine not taking it. :frown:

I do wanna read more...but I just really feel like I've been falling behind on Biology ngl :s-smilie:
and yeah! especially OCR Physics (not really sure for other exam boards) in my school 20 people took it for AS now there's only 8 doing A2 lol all of those who dropped were all just saying the same thing.. '' I felt like a great weight was lifted off my shoulder'' XD

may I ask what subjects you do?
I do wanna read more...but I just really feel like I've been falling behind on Biology ngl :s-smilie:
and yeah! especially OCR Physics (not really sure for other exam boards) in my school 20 people took it for AS now there's only 8 doing A2 lol all of those who dropped were all just saying the same thing.. '' I felt like a great weight was lifted off my shoulder'' XD

may I ask what subjects you do?

Haha well atleast you was able to carry on with it! :biggrin: Yeah I know how you feel, I am waayyyyyy behind on Biology feel like I should have dropped it. I do Biology (obviously), History and Maths.
Original post by Ben4
Haha well atleast you was able to carry on with it! :biggrin: Yeah I know how you feel, I am waayyyyyy behind on Biology feel like I should have dropped it. I do Biology (obviously), History and Maths.

ngl sometimes I think that too :s-smilie: I sometimes think I should've kept Economics but the economists from my school are saying I dodged a bullet for dropping it :lol: The content is really long and I'm falling behind XD

ooh and do you do Edexcel Maths? :biggrin: (sorry I got excited lol I'm kind of a math-sy person XD)
ngl sometimes I think that too :s-smilie: I sometimes think I should've kept Economics but the economists from my school are saying I dodged a bullet for dropping it :lol: The content is really long and I'm falling behind XD

ooh and do you do Edexcel Maths? :biggrin: (sorry I got excited lol I'm kind of a math-sy person XD)

Yeah I do :biggrin: thats alright, Maths gets me excited too :biggrin:
Original post by Anymorefor123
Hey did these AS notes help get you an A grade ? And if so how high ? I really really need an A this year and I'm retaking both exams so any advice would be great :biggrin: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd have to check to get the exact UMS, but it was around 90% I think :smile: Good luck with the retakes!! xx
Resitting F212 and F213 isn't going to help you in any way, I would say.

Concentrate on getting an average of 90% in your A2 modules and you'll find yourself with an A*.
Does anyone have the f214 2015 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by spiritless98

Posted from TSR Mobile

id also be interested to know
Original post by spiritless98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure i downloaded a MS for that exam a few days later, on tsr.
I'm sorry but Unit 2 Module 3 is the deadest thing ever. >.<
Original post by Don Pedro K.

Dont be sorry - its true :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr xD thank goodnes it's the shortest module in the unit
Ikr xD thank goodnes it's the shortest module in the unit

Haha yeah I'm just making notes on the last lesson now xD

Original post by Ben4
Dont be sorry - its true :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it is hahaha

I can't wait till my last exam is over lol gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good
Original post by Ben4
Tell me about it, Biology is becoming such a bore and my motivation for it is becoming non-existent. I really need to find a good way to revise so that I can be engaged and begin to like Biology again! I agree a teacher has a massive effect on the fond you have for a subject, that might be another reason why I dislike Biology rn :biggrin:.

I feel the exact same
0md finally finished...It's amazing how much irrelevance they manage to fit into a double-page spread lolol

I thought it was quite nice.
Original post by kingaaran
I thought it was quite nice.

Haha I didn't like it last year and still don't this year.
Not biology - straight biology would kill me!

I'm applying for maths :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending