The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Confused as to whether I've recieved an offer or not

I received an email from the Life Sciences Admissions Administrator from Imperial today saying congratulations on my offer etc. but my UCAS track has not changed to say that I have recieved an offer.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Did I actually get an offer or was the email a mistake?
Reply 1
I think it's normal practice for some departments at Imperial to send offer emails to applicants before the formal offer comes through UCAS.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by graciebee
I received an email from the Life Sciences Admissions Administrator from Imperial today saying congratulations on my offer etc. but my UCAS track has not changed to say that I have recieved an offer.

OMG you got an offer already what are your stats?? are you international?? I'm like freaking out sorry :/

UCAS takes a while to update (over a month, sometimes). If you've received a letter or email (you should get a letter though) from Imperial saying you've got an offer then you've probably got an offer.
Reply 4
Original post by O$car
OMG you got an offer already what are your stats?? are you international?? I'm like freaking out sorry :/

Hey no I'm from London! :smile: I'm predicted A*AA for A-levels with the A* in Biology. I do Bio Chem and Music. I only sent my UCAS off about 2 weeks ago and have 4/5 offers so far.
Why are you freaking out? xx
Reply 5
Hey guys thanks for the replies. Still waiting for it to update on my UCAS track but I've heard similar stories from other people so I'm pretty hopeful that it is an offer :smile:
Reply 6
Hey no I'm from London! :smile: I'm predicted A*AA for A-levels with the A* in Biology. I do Bio Chem and Music. I only sent my UCAS off about 2 weeks ago and have 4/5 offers so far.
Why are you freaking out? xx

because i have the same prediction as you but in phy chem and maths, but I sent mine in in oct and they only acknowledged in nov, and i haven't heard anything from them yet :frown:(((((((
Reply 7
Original post by O$car
because i have the same prediction as you but in phy chem and maths, but I sent mine in in oct and they only acknowledged in nov, and i haven't heard anything from them yet :frown:(((((((

Aww I'm sure you'll be fine. You've obviously got the grades they're looking for so they're probably just taking their time. I was surprised how quickly they got back to me tbh. Every application is different. Good Luck! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending