The Student Room Group

Modules: to enter or not to enter...

Apologies if this has already been asked to death - I'm still getting used to TSR forums, so I might have missed it in an FAQ section somewhere.

Essentially, I wondered if it would be acceptable, instead of entering no module grades/UMS at all in my AS results, to enter ONLY the module UMS I gained in the subject which I am applying to.

I know that the 'pick-and-mix' approach is inadvisable, and the general advice is all or nothing, but I haven't heard any opinions on only including the relevant subject modules. I'd really appreciate a second opinion!

I was also unsure as to where I might find any requirements on module information, as I've tried scouring the websites for the universities which I'm hoping to apply to (Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, Strathclyde, and one other undecided) and I can't see any obvious indication that declaring this information is preferred or required.

Is there anywhere else I could look to find this information, or would it be best to ring up each university to ask tomorrow morning? If anyone can provide any insight, I'd be really grateful.
Reply 1
Original post by Wombat-in-Combat
Apologies if this has already been asked to death - I'm still getting used to TSR forums, so I might have missed it in an FAQ section somewhere.

Essentially, I wondered if it would be acceptable, instead of entering no module grades/UMS at all in my AS results, to enter ONLY the module UMS I gained in the subject which I am applying to.

I know that the 'pick-and-mix' approach is inadvisable, and the general advice is all or nothing, but I haven't heard any opinions on only including the relevant subject modules. I'd really appreciate a second opinion!

I was also unsure as to where I might find any requirements on module information, as I've tried scouring the websites for the universities which I'm hoping to apply to (Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, Strathclyde, and one other undecided) and I can't see any obvious indication that declaring this information is preferred or required.

Is there anywhere else I could look to find this information, or would it be best to ring up each university to ask tomorrow morning? If anyone can provide any insight, I'd be really grateful.

If you omit them it looks like you're hiding something. At best, it would look like you forgot - which then implies you didn't actually check over the application, and as it's important that's not a good thing. If you leave them all out it shows consistency.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending