The Student Room Group

RAF Pilot/OASC

Removed.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Search through the forum. All those questions have been answered many many times before.

Don't be lazy, look at all the other threads that have been made on the subject. As an RAF officer you have to go find information, you can start that process here.
Reply 2
Hi, I have read all the other threads on these topics and I was looking for any further info that hasn't been answered in other threads. Or any extra tips that haven't benn said.
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Drewski
Search through the forum. All those questions have been answered many many times before.

Don't be lazy, look at all the other threads that have been made on the subject. As an RAF officer you have to go find information, you can start that process here.

Hi, I have read all the other threads on these topics in much depth and I was looking for any further info that hasn't been talked about in other threads. Or any extra tips that haven't been said. Thanks
Reply 4
What else are you hoping to get? Everything has been written about. Every phase has been detailed many times.

Give us some specific areas that you want extra clarity or detail on.

As it stands, it looks like you're just asking for advice to be spoonfed to you. We won't do that.
Reply 5
What do the aptitude tests specifically consist of? Each and every one in as much detail as possible.
Thanks very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Shall we sit them for you as well?

Do a search. You'll find many recent detailed accounts of the tests. You'll also find old accounts. That's fine, the tests haven't changed much. Read them first, then - if you have any - ask specific questions about specific things. Help will be offered to those who put some effort in. So far you're not looking like you're even trying.
Hi ! , I'm going to join the RAF As a SNCO Air Traffic Control.
What do you want to fly as a pilot ? Jets ? Transport? Helicopters? Trainers ?
I'm applying in a few weeks actually and I understand the 3 day Assessment is testing your leadership, knowledge of the RAF , interviews , medical and fitness tests
Make sure you know
- History of the RAF
- Bases of the RAF ( UK &Aboard)
- Aircrafts of the RAF
- Speed / Distance / time calculations
Make sure you
- have a decent level of fitness ( they don't expect you to be a world class athletic but a decent level of fitness is required
- apply with plenty of time ( it can take a 1 year to process your application
- visit your local AFCO , Talk to them , ask all the questions you have ( make a list and make sure you ask them ALL
- try joining your local air cadet squadron
- make a CV
If you want any help or info PM me
:smile:
Good luck
Reply 8
Ok thanks, I am thinking of either Jets or Transport, do I have to have decide the exact role as pilot before the selection process? As EFT is where they basically decide which route you will go down(jets, multi engine, rotary) so could I just say I'm thinking of multi engine and fast jets but I will make a decision after/at EFT? What have you done for preparation and have you had to have a filter interview? What questions did they ask? I have read about all the other OASC aptitude test posts and there is really a detailed description of what they consisted of and when they happened...
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Last line (Isn't really)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile
No , the RAF Decide what type of aircraft you fly . When you have you flying training they will ask you your preference but ultimately the RAF Decide
I'm sorting out initial application and then I wait for the RAF to contact me
It will likely go
- Submit Application
- RAF Contact you
- Initial interview they will likely ask
- Why do you want to join ?
- Why pilot ?
- What does a pilot do ?
- Why should we accept you into the RAF ?
- How do you help the Local community ?
- What was your education like ?
- What was your upbringing like ?
BE 100% HONEST - DON'T LIE
- Fitness / Medical tests
- Tests ( What ever their called )
- 3 day pre selection course ( I you pass the 1st 3 days you go onto the next 3/4 days
- Filter Interview
- Start IOT
This can take up to 9 months before you even start IOT
Ok thanks very much. Keep in touch

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Acutally had an email from the RAF a while back regarding applications ETC , and i found this link , this morning and its perfect for me !

i will see what else i have saved
Thanks very much, keep in touch.
Ethan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to add (unless it has already been mentioned) you won't sit the 'RAF AFCO Aptitude tests', you go to Cranwell for CBAT (Computer based Aptitude Tests) which are far more rigorous and demanding to that of the AFCO AT.
I don't even think there are aptitude tests at AFCO? I think it's just the interview and brief?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clearly, your assertion that you've read all the threads here isn't true, if you had you'd know the answer to this.

Stop expecting information to be spoonfed to you. That's not how life works, it's certainly not how the RAF works and it's not how you get to become a pilot. Do some work.
So everything in the RAF PDF about the next steps and joining is all done at AFCO?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest