The Student Room Group

What did you wear to your prom?

and how much did it cost?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jeans and a t-shirt.

... a suit. I wore a suit. Why?
I have mine at the end of this year (Year 11).
I thought about wearing a black jumpsuit but will probably wear a dress. Although I'm excited, I won't go shopping for it for ages yet:smile:

Just wondering, are you a boy or a girl?
Never went to mine.
I wore the most hideous dress ever
I never went. Not my type of thing. I never wear dresses and I wouldnt want to spend loads of money on something I probably wouldn't enjoy.
Spandex.pants.
Reply 8
Short black dress. I actually really enjoyed it (the afterparty was great, actual prom was decent. then again, I was drunk, so it might've blurred my view to both).
Reply 9
An ugly tux :frown:
Reply 10
Navy blue velvet dress. I found it in Oxfam for £20.

It's absolutely gorgeous. Very simple, but beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 11, a long dress of two shades of blue, cost me £45 from £200, and then Y13 a short dress, blush coloured from Coast, £35 from £125.

I love January sales.
A kilt :smile:
Original post by WinterDucky
A kilt :smile:
One of the guys wore a kilt at ours - I can imagine he got pretty fed up with people asking if he was wearing underwear under it :dong:

I wore black pants, a red velvet jacket, and a jabot.
Black Tuxedo: black shoes, black blazer, black waistcoat, black bowtie, and a white shirt.

This was the May Ball though to be fair.

I dunno, I think it was just over £600.
i wore a dress similar to this altho mine was red!

http://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-g2-M01-02-FF-rBVaG1QzXImAcGyJAAp5Nydgr3s514.jpg/2015-best-selling-in-stock-prom-dresses-rhinestone.jpg

had my hair like this to one side and tied from the back lol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3f/c1/85/3fc1853261bc0e002399cb9ad9566691.jpg

and it cost about £350 altogether with make-up shoes ect
I didn't go. I was shamed of myself.
I didn't go to mine :smile:
prom is for americans
prom jumpsuit.JPG

£45 jumpsuit from ASOS which I bought especially, with £30 black pointed heels, £20 black envelope clutch and a simple silver necklace which I already had.

I didn't spend that much as I had to buy three outfits at once (Leavers' Supper, Founders' Day and Leavers' Ball/Prom) and we went to Café de Paris for our prom so the tickets were quite expensive too aha.

Quick Reply

Latest