The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Carnatic uni halls

I'm hopefully going to Liverpool uni in September 2016, and I was looking at what uni halls are the best to apply for. I want to apply to the ones in Carnatic however I'm unsure which one is the best, as there is such mixed reviews.
I would prefer mix of gender as i dont think I could deal with just girls.
Also which one of the halls have the best Kitchen, are there seating areas and how big are the kitchens?
Also what are the bathroom situations like, I would prefer a shower to bath and how many eople on average are you sharing with?
Ok from my opinion - Salisbury and McNair are the nicest in terms of facilities and quality and they're based on exactly the same design except Salisbury has one extra block, they're also next to the bus stop. I've been in LM & Morton and they are a weird design and feel really old and beaten up. Salisbury and McNair on the other hand, while still fairly old, have had money spent on the inside and are really pretty good for what they are. All the hallways downstairs have been refurbished and the showers are pretty new if not brand new.

In terms of mixed gender I'm pretty sure the only single gender is like 1 floor in 1 block in 1 hall so you'll be fine there and get a great mix of people. Don't worry about that at all!

None of the kitchens are amazing because they're all catered. Some in lady mountford have hobs but I wouldn't choose to live there just for the hobs. They're about the same size as a room in Salisbury and McNair, are pretty new and have a kettle, microwave, fridge and a toaster. McNair has a really new and big kitchen on the ground floor with two new cookers I think but you have to book that - it isn't just always open.

Neither Salisbury or McNair have seating in the kitchens - they're not that big and I don't know about the others but I highly doubt it.

In McNair (and again same in Salisbury) I'm sharing 4 toilets and 6 showers between 20 - 22 people (depends on the exact floor) but although this sounds bad I've never ever had to wait or queue for either - and they're very new, although the water pressure is a bit lousy. Other's I'm not entirely sure but Lady mountfords from what I briefly saw looked frankly pretty terrible. We don't have bathrooms as such, just toilets and showers on the corridors. I think Salisbury have a bath but it probably has been used more for brewing than bathing.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending