The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Public Relations at Bournemouth Uni

Anyone else applied to the PR course and got offers or thinking about it as their first choice? Wanna see who else is gonna firm it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'm a first year PR student, so hopefully I can give you some advice!
The PR degree at BU offers both theory and practical based knowledge. In the first term, you'll be learning how to create media releases, feature articles and web copies, along with the real nitty gritty of the industry. I personally find the course super interesting and it's only the first term.

In terms of lecturers, they're all amazing. They've been in the industry for years so really know what they're talking about, and are super supportive in every situation possible - maybe why BU holds the title of best PR course in the country.

Overall, take a look at the course content and if it's something you're interested in. Also when choosing your firm, take into account the fact placement years. I can't stress enough how important they are in a PR degree, it will help you out so much.

Hope I helped!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by vices
Anyone else applied to the PR course and got offers or thinking about it as their first choice? Wanna see who else is gonna firm it
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Vices,

I am Chris and I am a second year ambassador studying Marketing Communications (a course that has lots of crossover with PR)

If you wanted to find any more people studying PR you could try using our Bournemouth applicants forum on the main page or alternatively you could look on the Bournemouth applicants Facebook page - it's a great idea to get to know some of your peers before uni, definitely reduces the stress of freshers!

Please let me know if you had any more questions!

Chris :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by xohayley
I'm a first year PR student, so hopefully I can give you some advice!
The PR degree at BU offers both theory and practical based knowledge. In the first term, you'll be learning how to create media releases, feature articles and web copies, along with the real nitty gritty of the industry. I personally find the course super interesting and it's only the first term.

In terms of lecturers, they're all amazing. They've been in the industry for years so really know what they're talking about, and are super supportive in every situation possible - maybe why BU holds the title of best PR course in the country.

Overall, take a look at the course content and if it's something you're interested in. Also when choosing your firm, take into account the fact placement years. I can't stress enough how important they are in a PR degree, it will help you out so much.

Hope I helped!

Thank you for the info :smile: I've firmed it and I'm really excited to go there in September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
i have firmed Bournemouth for the PR course in 2016 as well so hopefully I'll see you there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending