The Student Room Group

All schools should be closed down

Compulsory education is a tyrannical communist invention that has existed for only 150 years.
Original post by StoneAge7
Compulsory education is a tyrannical communist invention that has existed for only 150 years.

"Communist invention" Right... Not like most Marxist sociologists believe the education system is severely flawed and benefits Capitalism.
I would also point out that it was under a National Government, 1944, that the leaving age was set at 15, and it was under a Conservative Majority Government, 1972, that it was raised to 16. It was also a Conservative/Liberal Democrat coalition which raised the leaving age first to 17 in 2013, and then 18 in 2015.

Oh and if you are interested it was the Liberals who first introduced compulsory education in 1870.

Very little to even with Labour, let alone Communists.
Good luck with that.
You do realise that, if you're shutting down all schools, you're also abolishing optional education?

Furthermore, you do realise that even many of the most dogmatic of free-market nutjobs support universal education to improve the skill of the workforce?
Reply 5
Yeah man! Fight the corporations! The government providing education is evil!
no wonder you are called 'stone age'...:s-smilie:
Original post by CoolCavy
no wonder you are called 'stone age'...:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Why do people on tsr add big words to their claims to make them sound even more over the top.
I know what your trying to say.....
Original post by REMLewis

Spoiler

lool the tension...
then..
the relief :biggrin:
PSROM :kissing2:
StoneAge7

...was about the point at which I stopped reading.
Original post by StoneAge7

You're contradicting yourself, please think before you type.
Ever heard of the Frankfurt school of subversion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending