The Student Room Group

Enhanced CRB Disclosure

Hi,

I am planning to study Graduate Medicine at a UK medical school in the near future. My question regards the Enhanced CRB Disclosure undertaken as a mandatory part of the selection process. I accepted a caution for swearing at a policeman in 2001. I have never been in trouble with the police since. I have recently applied for a voluntary placement at a local NHS Foundation Trust. As part of the mandaorty onboarding procedure, I have been subject to an Ennhanced CRB Disclosure. This has come back clean (i.e. no record of any wrongdoing). The reason for this is because of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2013. Briefly, as my caution is considered a low-risk offence, it is deemed 'protected' under the Act and as such, will not appear on ANY CRB Disclosure, advanced or otherwise.

With this in mind, should I answer 'no' when asked on the UCAS application form whether I've ever been handed a caution, given that it is 'protected' and therefore, would not show up?

Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
interesting question
i don't know the answer
but i'll bump you
Reply 2
Much appreciated :-)
If it came clean- then I'd tick no..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Give UCAS a ring or ask your schools carrier advisor it's what they're there for.
Reply 5
Hi Jonathanempage,

It;s a graduate-entry Medical degree. I've been in the workplace for a good few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending