The Student Room Group

Is history, geography, art and French good GCSE options/combinations?

Hiii everyone!:smile::hi:
I'm in year 9 now and by the end of January I have to chose my GCSE options. Right now I'm not sure what I want to do at college, uni or as a career. I'm thinking of taking history(currently 8c), geography(7c), art(6a) and French(7c) as I like creative or language based subjects. Obviously I have to take maths(7a), English(7b) science(7b) and at my school RE(7b) is compulsory.
I might go into architecture or something to do with design but my problem is that physics is my worse science though maths is my second strongest subject. Any ideas on careers, advice if you've taken these subjects and is it a good combination?:biggrin::biggrin:
Thank you so much in advance!:tongue::thumbsup::wink:
perhaps you might find more help if you post this in the correct forum :smile:
Original post by Haaz1231
Hiii everyone!:smile::hi:
I'm in year 9 now and by the end of January I have to chose my GCSE options. Right now I'm not sure what I want to do at college, uni or as a career. I'm thinking of taking history(currently 8c), geography(7c), art(6a) and French(7c) as I like creative or language based subjects. Obviously I have to take maths(7a), English(7b) science(7b) and at my school RE(7b) is compulsory.
I might go into architecture or something to do with design but my problem is that physics is my worse science though maths is my second strongest subject. Any ideas on careers, advice if you've taken these subjects and is it a good combination?:biggrin::biggrin:
Thank you so much in advance!:p:thumbsup::wink:

The GCSES you take don't really matter to be fair, they can however make it easier do do an A level in the same subject. If you enjoy French and are talented at it, it is a good subject to take as it can offer many bilingual job opportunities, but it's not necessary to succeed. Just take what you enjoy!

Quick Reply

Latest