The Student Room Group

Are These Unis Any Good? Computer Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DylanJ42
Alright then, have you considered taking a year out to repeat your alevels, if you really think you could do better?

When you got this response to your original post;

This is how you replied to him/her;

What makes you think you cant a) get A*AA b) get into UCL? Have you been told by someone that you can't do it? Have teachers or parents said anything? Or is it just lack of self belief?

I'd rather not repeat a year. I have aspirations but I also don't want to spend too much time stressing (even more than I have) about spending another year in a place I'm already not too comfortable in. Not to mention it would be another year of precious life.
Original post by mellowman
Just a joke, monsieur. I promise to you this day on this very thread that I will try.

touché :wink: Give it your best shot, I want you to tell me in August that you got AAA or better :biggrin:
Original post by mellowman
I'd rather not repeat a year. I have aspirations but I also don't want to spend too much time stressing (even more than I have) about spending another year in a place I'm already not too comfortable in. Not to mention it would be another year of precious life.

One extra year isn't much to sacrifice, of course it really depends how much you care about the quality of university. You'll still get a good degree and a job from the one's you've applied for.

On the other hand don't you dream of studying computer science at Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial, Warwick etc etc
Reply 23
Alright then, have you considered taking a year out to repeat your alevels, if you really think you could do better?

When you got this response to your original post;

This is how you replied to him/her;

What makes you think you cant a) get A*AA b) get into UCL? Have you been told by someone that you can't do it? Have teachers or parents said anything? Or is it just lack of self belief?

I wouldn't repeat a year. I really don't like this place as it is not to mention that is another year of precious life which I really don't want to spend and, if I know me, then I'll probably be wasting my time in university stressing myself out on making plans on what to do after university so it won't really help much.
Reply 24
touché :wink: Give it your best shot, I want you to tell me in August that you got AAA or better :biggrin:

Hehe will try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending